GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Both sets have fog light inner left only, because that's standard at ROW cars.

5G1 052 200 D is the dark red MK7 variant. According to the instructions it works only for ROW cars 2013-2018, non US. The included harness needs to be connected to the BCM. MK7.5 2017-2018 cars need 4 additional (old style) connectors.

5G1 052 200 C are the MK7.5 dynamic LEDs with an upgrade harness. According to the instructions it works only for ROW cars 2017-2018, non US. The included harness needs to be connected to the BCM. You need additionally 4 new connectors.

519EUR/0.81=$640.74 without shipping. I paid $640 at e-acca shipped.

It's not a real adapter harness they give you. You need to run them to the BCM and add at least 3 more wires to get it working properly.

That’s part of my curiosity while here. To see exactly what an R gets in Germany. If there is a dark red sequential version on German cars.

tjsauerbeck

Passed Driver's Ed
I have no knowledge about tails. Read the first 10 and last 30 pages and still dont understand the plan of attack. Can someone make this easy for me? I have a 15' GTI w/ lighting package looking to convert to European tails with dynamic blinkers. I don't care too much about the fog light option.
I'll figure out coding and such later, but links to the tails themselves and the proper harnesses?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have no knowledge about tails. Read the first 10 and last 30 pages and still dont understand the plan of attack. Can someone make this easy for me? I have a 15' GTI w/ lighting package looking to convert to European tails with dynamic blinkers. I don't care too much about the fog light option.
I'll figure out coding and such later, but links to the tails themselves and the proper harnesses?
Ready the freaking 1st page again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
OP was >1yr ago. Seems like there are new vendors and options to purchase sets vs. individuals. Then there were a lot of pages regarding errors with harnesses and adaptability.

First post is still relevant and accurate. Nothing else you need to know.
Lists the sources to buy the lights, and sources to buy the harness.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
If you want the absolute easiest method, just buy from shopdap for a premade kit and pay their markup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Just remember, you will NEED to code them at the same time as installing them. Nothing like the older tail lights were you can get away with just plugging them in and installing the harness/coding later.

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed

Comeplegely agree. I’m looking to retrofit these to a North American mk7.5 and all of the info here is related to the mk7. Of the 159 pages I might find a few pieces of info, but definitely not a full write up. I can’t even figure out where to find a harness as it’s different for the mk7.5, and JBale doesn’t seem to be answering PMs.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Comeplegely agree. I’m looking to retrofit these to a North American mk7.5 and all of the info here is related to the mk7. Of the 159 pages I might find a few pieces of info, but definitely not a full write up. I can’t even figure out where to find a harness as it’s different for the mk7.5, and JBale doesn’t seem to be answering PMs.
There is no 7.5 harness except for the one or two off shoots jbale made. Pm Zero815 or whatever his user as he's knowledgeable on this.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R

There is no 7.5 harness except for the one or two off shoots jbale made. Pm Zero815 or whatever his user as he's knowledgeable on this.

Yeah it's zero something, he posts on the vortex forums pretty regularly and has offered to make people harness' a couple times. He might even chime in. Now that the car is actually is in peoples hands in the US it shouldn't be too long before the usual suspects come out with their harness+instructions.

The rest of the information is the same, ie what part # to order and all the install videos. Coding might be a tad different but that depends on the harness.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Compared to the NAR MK7 the NAR MK7.5 comes already with more pre-wired light channels. That makes a retrofit a little bit easier. Generally there are at least 4 ways to do it. In any case you need to change the coding.
1. DIY: Modify existing connector housings, re-pin several wires and add wires between Outer and Inner lights. Add further wires between Inner-Left and Inner-Right to get fog lights running. Tools: Pin Removal and Crimp.
2. Adapter harness with Pin work: Most of the known MK7 harnesses require running wires between Outer and Inner lights, Inner-Left and Inner-Right, and plugging Pins into connector housings. In case of uninstall or misplaced pin you need a Pin Removal tool.
3. Plug and Code harness: Everything is pre-pinned. Customer needs to run pigtails from Outer to Inner and Inner to Inner and plug only connectors. Easiest install and uninstall for sale.
4. OEM+: Add and run several wires between BCM and lights through the vehicle.

paul_elstak

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone please clarify the following.

In first post I see that you'll need the following.
1.Set of tail lights
2.Harness/adapter
3.Coding

Tails and Coding is clear, but about the Harness/adapter has 4 options, perhaps 5

1. JBale
2. Audiamant
3. DAP
4. USP
5. VW original one (5G0052400) comes with the official VW upgrade set(5G1052200C)?

So option 1 (JBALE) and 2 (Audiamant) are expensive but the have some hardware in there (small PCBA probably), for the dynamic affect I presume.

But option 3(DAP) and 5(VW) don't have any hardware and is just a reroute of the cables. And the difference with option 3 and 5 is that apparently option 5(VW) needs a connection to the BCM and option 3(DAP) not.

For me a bit unclear. I like the option 5 because it the official way, but option 4 is far more easy to install.

Hope someone can clarify this a bit!

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The question is what you want.

The VW retrofit kit doesn’t work in a NAR MK7 unless you add a couple of more wires between BCM and tails. The only added feature over an adapter solution are Single Sided Parking Lights. Most likely this solution stays with the car.

If you want to go with an adapter solution you’ll have parking lights, brake lights, reverse lights, and sweeping turn signals. Therefore you don’t need any additional electronic hardware. All it takes is re-routing. Single or double fog lights are possible as well.