GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
After running the tweak for
a couple of weeks I reverted back to stock setting. No difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have had this tweak on for 2 weeks and have not noticed any difference in throttle response.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
The only throttle response that I noticed from this tweak is that with my DSG there is no pause when I let off the brake from a stop. It used to have this small pause when I let off the brake before it would engage the clutches and now that is gone.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The only throttle response that I noticed from this tweak is that with my DSG there is no pause when I let off the brake from a stop. It used to have this small pause when I let off the brake before it would engage the clutches and now that is gone.

I used to think the same thing. Revert back to stock settings and I bet it'll feel the same. Better yet, have a friend do it/or not do it, as a blind test. Total placebo effect.

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Difference I've felt was that if you hold the throttle, it doesn't tend to 'creep' towards that point. It goes straight there. Seems to make it easier for me to hold speed.

I know when my mom drove the car after I made the change she said, "What did you do in the garage? The gas feels weird'.

Whackamac

Ready to race!
I have found (FBO stage 2) that when I hit the throttle, it no longer feels like it's timing it's way up to the throttle position I selected. Now it feels like the engine is naturally trying to get there. I have aspergers and am very sensitive to vibration, sound, and patterns. There is a difference, many would not know how to sense it as the computer's "by timing" is pretty good in it's own.

FloridaNative

Passed Driver's Ed
I think this controls the transition time when manually switching between driving modes. With it set for a timed transition the steering will gradually (over a second or two) get heavier when going from normal to sport. With this set to instant, the change appears to be immediate. That's my gut feeling and it matches with the setting's location and description.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Quick note - OBDeleven now has a dedicated App for this

''Throttle pedal increase''

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Difference I've felt was that if you hold the throttle, it doesn't tend to 'creep' towards that point. It goes straight there. Seems to make it easier for me to hold speed.

I know when my mom drove the car after I made the change she said, "What did you do in the garage? The gas feels weird'.

This is exactly what it does, I could instantly tell the difference when I tried it. Extremely noticable don't know how people can say it doesn't feel any different.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Did this on my DSG '18 R today. Definitely makes a noticeable difference to me. There's definitely less delay in seeing the impact of changes to throttle input. It does cause you to have to be more delicate with the throttle in first, but I've driven manuals forever so I'm used to that anyways.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
After running this for a while now.... I put it back to "stock" and now I can't tell the difference... My MPGs have gone back up to normal that's the only thing I can tell.

Is this just one big placebo effect?

MadMen

Ready to race!
After running this for a while now.... I put it back to "stock" and now I can't tell the difference... My MPGs have gone back up to normal that's the only thing I can tell.

Is this just one big placebo effect?

Check your MPG's in a couple days. Any change to that setting makes the MPG calculator read high for a while till it stabilizes again.