GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Exactly. Big deal slightly less MPG. YOLO! [emoji41]

treybyday

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to chime in as well. Made this change, love it. Car no longer feels sluggish/slow to accelerate in 1st-3rd gears in D mode (most noticeable). Ride also feels a little smoother overall.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I made the change and honestly can’t tell the difference. Car is DSG Clubsport.
My guess is that the option disables the “learning” off your driving style and instead makes it linear. Which might explain why some feel a difference and others don’t.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I made the change and honestly can’t tell the difference. Car is DSG Clubsport.
My guess is that the option disables the “learning” off your driving style and instead makes it linear. Which might explain why some feel a difference and others don’t.

You might be on to something there. When I switched back to incremental after a week of direct, the change that direction was much less obvious.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
i'm also experiencing worse MPG with this tweak but i love the way the car feels. smooth, responsive power with no jerkiness at all. fueling between shifts has definitely improved. also, while cruising on the highway i can roll on power from lower RPM than usual and have the car respond immediately with smooth acceleration. dig it.

6MT with NPM in +7psi setting.

You’re getting worse MPG because you’re using more throttle. That’s all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready to race!
I saw a thread from seatleon club (Mk3) forum.http://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?t=111469
Said use 5053 enter 44 steering assist →security access 19249→adaptation→driving profile swtichover→set "incremental controlled over time" to "direct controlled over".can increase acceleration response speed.but l don't have pbox,so maybe someone can find out is true or not...

cant believe i missed this little tweak. i gotta try it. i have a dsg.
vcds also a throttle body calibration option that i might try as well. just to get it really spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zrmhDw_v7Y

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
cant believe i missed this little tweak. i gotta try it. i have a dsg.

vcds also a throttle body calibration option that i might try as well. just to get it really spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zrmhDw_v7Y

FWIW I’ve seen people say that the TBA happens automatically on the Mk7’s, like on every start maybe? I forgot. I wouldn’t expect doing it manually to do much. I was just looking at that based on some weird faults I’ve been getting.

I forgot I need to try this tweak myself though now that I finally have the car back

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I had turned this off before I installed my ECU tune, as the tune has faster throttle response already, but turned it back on for the last two weeks. I've decided I don't like it with the tune and have turned it back off. In my experience at least it's more difficult to drive the car smoothly at regular low traffic speeds with it turned on.

Lrlooly

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this tweak on my mk7 gti with stage 1 apr tune DSG. Before the tweak throttle was laggy and I had the ugly sudden surge of power in 1st to 2nd gear change. Now it seems to be gone and gear changes are smooth. I will update after driving home from work tonight. So far it’s a plus

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Havent really noticed much of a difference. Although, for me, I never found the throttle response to be much of an issue. Its the annoying conservative shift points of the DSG while in auto mode that I find to be a big issue that delays acceleration when you need it.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I guess the tweak is doing something. Over the last week, my gas mileage has went down from 32mpg to 29mpg during my daily commute. I guess the car does drive slightly better but not so noticeable that I'm going bananas over it.

I'll revert back after a couple more weeks. Maybe then I'll realize the difference.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I guess the tweak is doing something. Over the last week, my gas mileage has went down from 32mpg to 29mpg during my daily commute. I guess the car does drive slightly better but not so noticeable that I'm going bananas over it.

I'll revert back after a couple more weeks. Maybe then I'll realize the difference.

After running the tweak for
a couple of weeks I reverted back to stock setting. No difference at all.