GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro Kit Springs or VW DG Springs?

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the DG springs on a DSG with PP, broken in with 3k miles. It looks lower in person than in pictures due to the low camera angles to make the car look better if that makes any sense. The ride quality is about 10-15% stiffer than stock and doesnt make noises like progressive springs at low speed turns. Anyone saying that their lowering springs "ride like stock" is BS. These spring rates are very close to stock and the ride is noticeably stiffer, although still comfortable for daily use. I plan on getting meatier tires after these stock tires wear out so the drop is perfect for me. Drop is more like .5 to .75

Attachments

• IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,503
  • IMG_1011 (1).JPG
    IMG_1011 (1).JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Been running Pro Kits on stock dampers since last summer. Mild drop. Just about dead level front/rear. Near stock ride quality. No issues what so ever.

This looks fantastic. Perfect drop, IMO.

How is it over bumps? Any noise / bottoming out, etc? I just worry about longevity on the OEM dampers.

I've always been a huge fan of the Pro Kit. I had multiple suspension setups on my old Integra Type R, and the OEM Type R dampers with the Pro Kit were my favorite all around.

Gravy Jones

Looks good Gravy! Maybe a hair lower than I want to go.

Yeah, it’s at the limit of how low I’d ever go (I’m gettin old). I run Neuspeed RSE52’s with 235’s in the summer and the drop suits that perfectly. Zero rubbing. It does indeed look a hair lower on the stock wheels/tires in this pic.

are you manual? the front of my car is lower than yours on the prokit, i am dsg trans

Yes, manual transmission for me.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Day 1 on the DGs. Very happy so far. Ride quality difference hardly noticeable. No new noises so far.

Highly recommend RPI Equipped in Vancouver (Richmond). Great guys. Work done perfectly, on time, and at a good price.

16 DSG + 15/20mm spacers

Last edited:

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
Dang it...now I see this picture it and looks great. I have the same size spacers waiting to go in. Is your car a DSG or 6MT?

Thank you for the pics Nype!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Dang it...now I see this picture it and looks great. I have the same size spacers waiting to go in. Is your car a DSG or 6MT?

Thank you for the pics Nype!

Thanks! [emoji1317]

I noted just above the pics. 2016 DCC DSG. Spacers (ECS) 15mm front and 20mm rear.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What tires are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock Hankooks. Considering upgrading to BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S or Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. Would love some more dry/wet grip.

Possibly Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s but I don’t know if I want the hassle of separate summer and winter tires/wheels.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I can't wait to actually run winters in the winter. The stock Hankooks will probably last longer to the car since they're only on the car from December to March lol!