GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
https://goo.gl/swqmKE

Not sure how, but Sheehy VW and even Alexandria VW seems to now have 2017 DSG S GTI's back in stock. Sheehy sold all of theirs a few months ago. Alexandria a few weeks ago. They show 1 in stock. Though it says 19 for Sheehy, I've contacted them and they only have 3. I asked them WTF was going on with their website and received no response.

These new ones listed on Sheehy are a week old. Alexandria VW had this new DSG pop up last night. These dealers were definitely sold out of all 2017 GTI's well after production ended and no more 2017's were arriving on the lots. I don't know if these are dealer trades or what? It makes no sense such a huge gap with no 2017's and now more have come in. IF Sheehy would honor that price, it would be spectacular.

My experience with Sheehy is OK. They honored their online price, but added in a $300-$400 fee to deal with my out of state tags over all the other stuff. I asked them to just give me temp tag and I'll take care of it and they balked. They also wouldn't give me a written quote. If I had probably fought harder, I most likely would have gotten that fee waived. Just wasn't the exact color I wanted so wasn't worth fighting for. So I walked. A little too much back and forth crap than I wanted, but if it's anywhere near that low price it would be worth it. They weren't too bad. Just not great.

I've purchased from Koon's Ford in VA before. Easiest buying experience ever. I would hope their Toyota dealers are the same. Sure sounds like it.

I may run over to Sheehy today now that I think about it. This online price went down by $300 overnight. Let us know what you find and good luck!

Better get to running if you want to make it before they close. :p

Irvingmtz

what do you guys think of this

2018 GTI SE DSG in Iron Blue w/ leather
Los Angeles, CA

MSRP $33,435
Discount - $3,200
Sale Price - $30235
Tax - $2872.32
DMV Fees - $525
Total $33,632.32

I know it's hard to find a good deal on a 2018 right now
This is all over email.
I'm sure I can try to get them to drop it off even more when I show up.

wantone

Ready to race!

Hehe luckily I spend a lot of time here and am only 15 minutes away. Try to avoid Iowa winters. Would be nice to drive back to Iowa next month in a new 2017 S. I puke at the thought of a DSG, but at that price or even close, I'd suck it up for a few years.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Los Angeles, CA

MSRP $33,435
Discount - $3,200
Sale Price - $30235
Tax - $2872.32
DMV Fees - $525
Total $33,632.32

This is all over email.

Seems like $4k off is the current target. I see no doc fee. Make sure that isn't ridiculous.

tknj99

Ready to race!

Los Angeles, CA

MSRP $33,435
Discount - $3,200
Sale Price - $30235
Tax - $2872.32
DMV Fees - $525
Total $33,632.32

This is all over email.

I was initially bummed about missing out on the longer warranty of the 2018's when that news broke but glad i went with the 2017 for a 6k additional savings (5k if you account for 6MT)

cjecpa

I've purchased from Koon's Ford in VA before. Easiest buying experience ever. I would hope their Toyota dealers are the same. Sure sounds like it.

Yes brought my wife a 2018 Avalon Hybrid $6,000 off sticker when the model year change over and gave me what I want on a trade-in had the deal done in 15 minutes.

cb1111

Be careful with internet quotes fro DC area dealers. When I got pricing from they showed the MSRP (that included options and freight) but the "internet" price showed a huge discount because that price didn't include freight OR the options.

If you ask for "a price that includes all costs including freight and any dealer fees, but not tax and tags" you'll get something like I got:

"The GTI Autobahn with an MSRP of $37,665 is currently priced online at $31,766. With the Military discount, the price is reduced to $31,266. Thank you for your service.

You will just need to add the $850 destination charge as well as $645 for the options on the vehicle to the internet price.

Before taxes and tags and after processing ($699), the price will be $33,460 financing with Volkswagen."

Not sure what happened to "truth in advertising"? I guess they could have advertised a price of $645 and said "all you need to do is add $31,266 for the additional cost of the car....

After dealing with multiple dealers in the DC metro area, I got three offers of a "real" $5000 off the MSRP (including freight and the processing fees).

Be careful in the DC metro area as the processing fees vary by state - MD is $300, VA is generally $699 and DC is $299. MD is the only state of the three jurisdictions that has a cap, but most VA dealers charge $699.

Accordingly, the MD dealer can be a couple of hundred more expensive and still be cheaper.

I know of no dealer who will waive the processing fee, but you might be able to negotiate out of the price of the car - but the fee will ALWAYS show up on the paperwork so the dealer can say "we charge everyone the same processing fee."

cb1111

There are several other good dealerships in that area (i bought mine from Stohlman). If you browse around in this thread, you should get plenty of leads.

Most dealers in that area, finalize the deal over phone or email. If this is against King's policy, then there is something wrong! When i was in the market i spoke to a sales guy in King and the call lasted for less than a minute.
Don't get me started on King. They are the sole reason I sold my R32 and stayed away from VW for 10 years.

I got the same "you need to come in for a price" from Jamie at King. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Don't get me started on King. They are the sole reason I sold my R32 and stayed away from VW for 10 years.

I got the same "you need to come in for a price" from Jamie at King. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just because of them? Looks like the issue is worthy enough for a seperate thread.

Flippy

Ready to race!

Los Angeles, CA

MSRP $33,435
Discount - $3,200
Sale Price - $30235
Tax - $2872.32
DMV Fees - $525
Total $33,632.32

This is all over email.

That's the exact configuration I've been considering (although I do also like the new White Silver as well). If you don't mind me asking, what dealership gave you that quote? Any dealerships you've dealt with so far that should be avoided?

cb1111

Just because of them? Looks like the issue is worthy enough for a seperate thread.
Cliff notes:

R32's initially shipped with Japanese license plate holders attached
VW offered to replace grille if asked. I asked
King said VW needed the old grille back. Made sense to me
King owner's son offered my old grille on CL
I called VW to complain. VW told King to return my grille to me
Owner called me and swore at me with every 4 letter word in the book

It might have been cutting off my nose to spite my face but I was mightily pissed. A board member made me a good offer (including the second grille) so I sold it. I miss that car.

Irvingmtz

That's the exact configuration I've been considering (although I do also like the new White Silver as well). If you don't mind me asking, what dealership gave you that quote? Any dealerships you've dealt with so far that should be avoided?

DTLA VW, Alhambra, and cardinale way have been easy to deal with over email.

Santa Monica wouldn't send me a quote right away and was asking to stretch my budget a little more. Don't really care for that kind of attitude right off the bat.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Santa Monica wouldn't send me a quote right away and was asking to stretch my budget a little more. Don't really care for that kind of attitude right off the bat.

Thats crazy, you should have asked them to reduce their profit to meet your budget!