GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

OneSlowBusa

My First VW - Last month I purchased a new 2017 Sport DSG from King, VW in Maryland

MSRP - $30,235
Purchase Price - $23,800 including destination

I had originally worked a deal at Lindsay for slightly less but the car was sold before I could drive up (should have placed a deposit) - coming from a 2012 Cadillac Wagon

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Oh, you're selling it.

Pics of the new one? (or what color?)
Plans for it?

Once the weather gets nicer the planned mods are:
AWE Track Edition exhaust
Emmanuelle Design springs with Bilstein B8 struts
Burger Motorsports JB4
Window tint
New mirror with Homelink
Wrap roof with black vinyl
Clear Bra
Euro LED tail lights
Swap to my 19" Enkei TY-5 wheels/tires

I'm sure there will be more stuff, but that's for starters. :D
Andreas

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Just curious - when buying out of state and travelling/flying to pick up, how do you guarantee that a shady dealer doesn't take advantage of you being away from home and try jacking up the price or selling the car out from under you while you are on your way there?
Don't deal with shady dealers. ;) Before I booked my flight I had them send me the agreed upon price (with breakdown) and I then gave them a small $500 deposit.

wantone

Ready to race!
My First VW - Last month I purchased a new 2017 Sport DSG from King, VW in Maryland

MSRP - $30,235

I had originally worked a deal at Lindsay for slightly less but the car was sold before I could drive up (should have placed a deposit) - coming from a 2012 Cadillac Wagon

How was King VW to deal with? They have a sometimes iffy reputation. With their lowest of the low online pricing, they seem to add in the many rebates few get. Even worse than most dealers that do the same thing. I'm finding the same thing as an out of state potential buyer with them.

EDIT: Just looking at past emails, their pricing included a $1000 rebate which isn't even offered any more by VW on 2017's. Was this ever mentioned during your negotiations?

Last edited:

OneSlowBusa

How was King VW to deal with? They have a sometimes iffy reputation. With their lowest of the low online pricing, they seem to add in the many rebates few get. Even worse than most dealers that do the same thing. I'm finding the same thing as an out of state potential buyer with them.

EDIT: Just looking at past emails, their pricing included a $1000 rebate which isn't even offered any more by VW on 2017's. Was this ever mentioned during your negotiations?

Would not say it was a great process - but it certainly was not unpleasant either. It seemed many dealers in Nova/MD play the lowest advertised game. I knew the advertised pricing was unattainable going in.

I was actually more upset with Lindsay for having me come up and confirming an appointment on pricing/purchase after they had sold the car I wanted -- two days ago.

I probably left some money on the table with King; however, they were quick, gave me a fair price on my trade in, and had the car I wanted. I figured at the end of the day I would make more by getting back to work (and not having to pay for another night in a hotel) than being upset over the $500 or so above the lindsay price.

The salesperson I worked with - Ignacio - was a straight shooter and knowledgeable

wantone

Ready to race!
Would not say it was a great process - but it certainly was not unpleasant either. It seemed many dealers in Nova/MD play the lowest advertised game. I knew the advertised pricing was unattainable going in.

I was actually more upset with Lindsay for having me come up and confirming an appointment on pricing/purchase after they had sold the car I wanted -- two days ago.

I probably left some money on the table with King; however, they were quick, gave me a fair price on my trade in, and had the car I wanted. I figured at the end of the day I would make more by getting back to work (and not having to pay for another night in a hotel) than being upset over the $500 or so above the lindsay price.

The salesperson I worked with - Ignacio - was a straight shooter and knowledgeable

Thanks for the reply! Just curious, how much negotiating went on before you went into the dealership since you had to travel? Was there an agreed upon price? And did their numbers stand or change when you went in? They have a couple of cars I'm interested in, but not being very straight forward on pricing in their emails. And as always, they want me to drop by. Even though I'm 550 miles away.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks for the reply! Just curious, how much negotiating went on before you went into the dealership since you had to travel? Was there an agreed upon price? And did their numbers stand or change when you went in? They have a couple of cars I'm interested in, but not being very straight forward on pricing in their emails. And as always, they want me to drop by. Even though I'm 550 miles away.

I think it depends on the sales guy whom you are dealing with. I did not have a good experience with that dealer whereas others have. When i bought mine, i got the final split up of the total pricing including all charges so that i can get my loan approved from my CU. My CU gave me a cashers check to the right dollar amount and the number did not change later.

Flux2

MSRP - $30,235

I guess I found the buyer who purchased the last 17 Sport from that area lol.

I was going to go down that weekend but sadly it wasn't avaliable anymore.

wantone

Ready to race!
I think it depends on the sales guy whom you are dealing with. I did not have a good experience with that dealer whereas others have. When i bought mine, i got the final split up of the total pricing including all charges so that i can get my loan approved from my CU. My CU gave me a cashers check to the right dollar amount and the number did not change later.

Thanks! My last 3 car purchases were out of state and never had an issue. One FedEx'd me the contract and the other 2 honored to the dollar their email pricing and added nothing. I simply don't trust this dealer. And they don't sound like they'd send the contract. Next best way is how you did it and fill out bank check first with agreed pricing. Then it can't be changed.

They have quite a few 2017's left so that's never a good sign.

OneSlowBusa

In this case zero - I had done all the negotiation with Lindsay and had a price breakdown for a black sport. When I showed up at Lindsay after getting numerous calls and emails from the salesperson confirming the appointment the car was gone - in a huff I headed to King knowing they still had the most inventory and showed them the Lindsay quote - the price was about $1,000 higher at King with no negotiation, just explaining to them I knew what the dealer cash was. The processing at king was $300 cheaper than Lindsay, and they met me in the middle on price from there. Sales process took just over an hr and a half from start to finish then another hour or so for car to be prepped.

I would be very apprehensive on traveling to any dealer from so far away without a deposit and a firm quote, especially given how limited the inventory is on non S- 17s at this point.

It looks like King has just one sport left at this point - a white manual.

Runnerguy45

Passed Driver's Ed
In this case zero - I had done all the negotiation with Lindsay and had a price breakdown for a black sport. When I showed up at Lindsay after getting numerous calls and emails from the salesperson confirming the appointment the car was gone - in a huff I headed to King knowing they still had the most inventory and showed them the Lindsay quote - the price was about $1,000 higher at King with no negotiation, just explaining to them I knew what the dealer cash was. The processing at king was $300 cheaper than Lindsay, and they met me in the middle on price from there. Sales process took just over an hr and a half from start to finish then another hour or so for car to be prepped.

I would be very apprehensive on traveling to any dealer from so far away without a deposit and a firm quote, especially given how limited the inventory is on non S- 17s at this point.

It looks like King has just one sport left at this point - a white manual.

Congrats on the new car. I am leery of King as I filled out information for a price and they called me and said they give no prices over email. I thought wtf ?
I hung up and have been watching things in here. I am turning my TDI in tomorrow and start negotiations with a few dealers up there. I bought my last two VW's over the internet.

wantone

Ready to race!
On a side note, I guess no one who has purchased very recently from Alexandria VW is on this site as no one has mentioned buying. They had the lowest online pricing for their remaining 2017's, even listed lower than King VW. $17,458 before all the extra junk. ALL DSG S models. I'm a manual guy since I started driving, but was tempted at their pricing for a DSG. Not sure I could have lived with a DSG, but no matter, they are ALL gone. Alexandria VW blew them out in the last 2 weeks. Would be really interesting to see how low their pricing was. They had 2 white S DSG models left this morning and I just couldn't fit a visit in my schedule today. Low and behold both are gone as of this afternoon.

Alexandria has a decent reputation so hopefully someone got a smoking deal on those 2 today and the few remaining 2017's before them in the last few weeks. They sold so quickly I assume their pricing was excellent.

Now King VW has a few remaining 17's with lowest online pricing but with their games, probably not blowing them out like Alexandria VW was.

Last edited: