GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
ECS website says it only uses one sensor but the pic shows three plugs? So is it really just plug D for the install?

Also any logging capability?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
ECS website says it only uses one sensor but the pic shows three plugs? So is it really just plug D for the install?

Also any logging capability?
two plugs

no logging to a file but will display boost

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone compared this to a jb1/jb4?

Might feel similar to a JB1 but function wise its miles behind. It connects to the two boost sensors and alters the boost pressure seen by the ECU that way raising it. The ECU will then see a lean condition at the O2 sensor and run a fueling adaption called a fuel trim. It keeps running this cycle and at times the ECU checks if it can run its base trim causing lean spikes. The trims are also limited to 25% so on high boost applications the ECU will run out of adaption room and the car will run leaner.
The JB1 matches the unmeasured boost with rail pressure so this lean cycle does not need to happen with the ECU running in continuous adaptive mode.
The Dinan unit also does not see rpm signal so its triggered at a certain boost point and will hold the exact same amount of boost add through the rpm range.
Most piggy backs work similar to the Dinan and over time it has been proven not to be harmful to the car but in our books its not the right way.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Might feel similar to a JB1 but function wise its miles behind. It connects to the two boost sensors and alters the boost pressure seen by the ECU that way raising it. The ECU will then see a lean condition at the O2 sensor and run a fueling adaption called a fuel trim. It keeps running this cycle and at times the ECU checks if it can run its base trim causing lean spikes. The trims are also limited to 25% so on high boost applications the ECU will run out of adaption room and the car will run leaner.
The JB1 matches the unmeasured boost with rail pressure so this lean cycle does not need to happen with the ECU running in continuous adaptive mode.
The Dinan unit also does not see rpm signal so its triggered at a certain boost point and will hold the exact same amount of boost add through the rpm range.
Most piggy backs work similar to the Dinan and over time it has been proven not to be harmful to the car but in our books its not the right way.

After reading a bit more into it, this is why I switched to JB1, now upgrading to JB4.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
After reading a bit more into it, this is why I switched to JB1, now upgrading to JB4.
This is a good point.

Tough call on the positive side Dinan is the most conservative when it comes to two plug piggybacks.

Cons. Seen above by George.

I do know there are some mk7 owners that have put quite a few miles on the NPMs with no issue to date.

As anything pay to play I suppose. I'm still intrigued by there and I think if the fuel quality is there it should be ok but I have been wrong before also ECUS do so much more adaption than they use to. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Sport is 2psi, sport plus us 3 psi and race is 4 psi. Based on the boost gauge, I don't think the Dinan is different than advertised. The NPM makes more power

Cool. Anything above stock is an improvement.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
At the $160 or whatever price point this is a great buy. It was a no go at the original price. If you want more power and retain warranty the JB4 is the best bet. If you don't care about your warranty go flash tune. Simple.

And if your a rebel without a clue buy a used NPM. Lol. ;).

CG256

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I being overly paranoid about the sound and it isn't surge? Could it be the DV making the noise? I don't notice any surging in power.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Things are what they are this is a safe modest 4 PSI bump under the factory ECU settings. Want more than just go and do it the right way and go APR tune.

Most people who would even opt for the Dinan are likely doing so to avoid voiding their warranty, hence going APR is a no go. Going JB4 would be the next logical step.