GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodbye TDI, hello R

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys :)

Yesterday I placed an order for a new Golf R. For now I still have 2014 Golf 2.0TDI DSG with a lot of equipment(see thread here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27139 )

The configuration I ordered:
Golf R 4Motion DSG
- Oryx white color
- Keyless entry system with alarm system
- DCC
- Discover Media navigation system(I had Discover Pro and never had needs for bigger display or more functions)
- Assistance Driver package(Lane assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Dynamic Light Assist, Blind Spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert)
- Dynaudio Excite sound system
- 19˝ Pretoria wheels(silver)
- Panorama sunroof
- Folding rear view mirrors
- Rear view camera
- Spare tire
- Heated windscreen(I have Webasto on current Golf)
- Winter package
- Tinted rear windows
- Active Info Display

And now we wait. I will be picking the car approx. beginning of April :D

Have a nice weekend :cool:

Last edited:

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Congratulations

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi guys :)

Keep
Golf R 4Motion DSG
- Oryx white color
- with alarm system
- DCC
- Discover Media navigation system(I had Discover Pro and never had needs for bigger display or more functions)
- - Dynaudio Excite sound system
- Folding rear view mirrors
- Rear view camera
- Spare tire
- Heated windscreen(I have Webasto on current Golf)
- Winter package
- Tinted rear windows
- Active Info Display

Remove if you want comfort & long term no problems..
Keyless entry system
Assistance Driver package(Lane assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Dynamic Light Assist, Blind Spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert)
Panorama sunroof
19˝ Pretoria wheels(silver)

But my opinions..:cool:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Huge congratulations! Really nice builds. Something to consider is 18" wheels which in my opinion are still big enough to look good, but provide good comfort. I was on some roads this weekend and came up on some pot holes in the dark. I was glad I had 18" and not 19".

For me, Discover Media would fit my needs nicely.

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
@golfdave
I have Keyless right now and I wouldn't trade it for nothing...for me it's one of the best feature in the car(generally speaking). I want Assistance Driver package because it's cheaper for me to take the whole package, rather than Dynamic Light Assist and Blind Spot monitor together).
Panorama...hmmmm...nothing else but the sound when I'm driving with the roof open :)
I have 18˝ Durban wheels now and was always looking for 19˝(I took the DCC for the compromise of the comfort).

@George Ab
Thank you! :)
I agree with all of you...18˝ wheels looks great, but I want my car something special, that's why I took 19˝ Pretoria.
In Slovenia we have some pretty bad roads, but my daily commute is always on nice roads :)

Today I changed the configuration from Discover Media to Discover Pro, basically because if I'm spending that kind of money on the car I want it :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave
Today I changed the configuration from Discover Media to Discover Pro, basically because if I'm spending that kind of money on the car I want it :)

That's what I said when I was half way down the options list ticking the xenons ....I added £5,000 of options...:eek:

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I said when I was half way down the options list ticking the xenons ....I added £5,000 of options...:eek:

It's always like that...Always! :cool:
I actually wouldn't order the car, but my friend who has bought himself a new VW Arteon said to me. You know, you only live once. You have to enjoy and get yourself what you want.

Those words and my girlfriend's persuasion to buy a hot hatch :)

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
So, the production of the car is confirmed and the car should be arriving in 13/14 week of 2018 of course :)
Every single day I get more excited :)

I have ordered Dynablink and I will be putting it on, before I get the car on the road :)

JD-1

Ready to race!
Sounds like you were able to order and get it quickly, I don't think its that quick in the states

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Little update...this week I'm getting VIN number, the car will be arriving in 3 weeks time.

This is actually my first new car that I ordered and I'm so excited to finally get it on the road. I feel like a little kid who is waiting for gifts on Christmas evening :D