GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you for the welcome everyone, glad to be here and part of the community! Nice to see some familiar faces and looking forward to making more contributions to the VW world.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Thanks for the detailed explanation Alex!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Third revision was flashed today. Drove to work to get it comfortable. Gonna do some logs today and tomorrow. On a side note, getting gas on my way to work the car got a compliment by an older man maybe in his 60s. He said "that's a cool little car, do you like it?" I said I love it. 300 HP and 40mpg I don't think you can beat it lol. Really thinking about it, these little engines are pretty damn impressive. I took this picture on my way to work today. Around 20 minutes of driving, ranging from 30-60 mph.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
what kind of a/f are you seeing on WOT on this flash? I'm seeing 11.5-11.76
Not sure on this one yet, I drove like a normal person to work lol tonight coming home I'll get some pulls. On my 2nd revision though, yea I was getting 11.76 on the low end. Per virtual dyno I've gained around 25hp and 60tq from revision 1 to 2. Not sure what I'm at on this 3rd revision.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Ordered a stratified protune for my IS38 car this past week. Will update this thread additionally as we hammer things home. Have a dyno day feb 27th so will have sheets for Alex and the guys at Stratified as well as this forum

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Ordered a stratified protune for my IS38 car this past week. Will update this thread additionally as we hammer things home. Have a dyno day feb 27th so will have sheets for Alex and the guys at Stratified as well as this forum

Looks like you are already tuned by Jon. Why the switch?

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Looks like you are already tuned by Jon. Why the switch?

the Cobb i bought used came with about 5 iterations of 5150 is38 tunes loaded up, and talking to the previous accessport owner our mods lines up very closely... that being said i want something precision matched to my car, and like trying out new stuff, especially since the guys at Stratified have such awesome tech articles. figured why not! also having my DSG retuned. Both times by people who arent mentioned mch on these boards for GTI DSG work, but well know in the DSG only world.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
any updates?
Yea I'll post logs in a few let me check my email that I sent over to him. This revision is running fine. Still have an afr below 11. Knock isn't bad at all. Car still pulls like a train. Very linear tq band.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
VW has the DSG which adds another level of complexity (and speed) and which I am looking forward into delving into - calibration wise.

I take it Alex that means a Stratified DSG tune will eventually be available? Also is Methanol helping gain much power over 93 tunes?

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Alright cool. Alex will give you virtual dyno sheets with every revision as well but you can't beat a dyno day. I'm gonna look for one once I'm all set up. I really like the delivery with this tune. Very long power through the gear. At first it seemed less powerful than my previous tune, when actually I was getting 20 more HP and about 40 tq just in the first revision.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I take it Alex that means a Stratified DSG tune will eventually be available? Also is Methanol helping gain much power over 93 tunes?

We'll be doing DSG tunes once they are released by Cobb.

Methanol does see a nice bump in power. There is still some good headroom octane wise on stock turbo. We've seen seeing a very solid bump for ethanol blends.