GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo IS38ETR - Just Arrived

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Revo IS38ETR Turbo just arrived so hopefully going to start the install process sometime next week. Should be a solid upgrade and a lot of fun. Just awaiting a couple more items that I ordered and show be ready to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck, Beaker. I'm contemplating the same turbo. And I imagine my R will be sitting next to yours in the shop next week.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I’ve done a good bit of research and for what I wanted this seemed to hit on all cylinders. Looking forward to getting it installed. Check it out when you go, should be there weather permitting, lol. Doing front sway, charge pipes, fuel pump upgrade motor mounts, trans mount and dog bone. Still a couple more things I want to get done to really dial him in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Looking great, please be sure to post your impressions.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Hmmm...
Journal bearing compared to a ball bearing.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
what kind of gains are you expected out of this turbo? If I saw correctly it is a rebuilt is38 with a few goodies internally?

tark

I've had mine in since early December. One thing to note is that Revo is still figuring out the fueling for US cars. I had to install a HPFP in order to run their Stage 3 tune.

Also, the tune for US cars is still in beta, so they are still figuring out the fueling. However, for the most part, the tune is great as well as the turbo.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
what kind of gains are you expected out of this turbo? If I saw correctly it is a rebuilt is38 with a few goodies internally?

REVO"s website says 450 HP + with high octane, supporting mods, and their tune. Seems like a great turn key solution instead of spending hours/days on the dyno/data logging runs with the BOSS 500 and VTT options. There is a lot to be said about a company that invest hundreds of hours in testing and development so you don't have to.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
REVO"s website says 450 HP + with high octane, supporting mods, and their tune. Seems like a great turn key solution instead of spending hours/days on the dyno/data logging runs with the BOSS 500 and VTT options. There is a lot to be said about a company that invest hundreds of hours in testing and development so you don't have to.

Agreed, I am trying to get some comparative data on this versus the apr option. If you look at both dyno figures they pull the same power around the same rpms. its kind of interesting. I am just concerned how revo did this with a smaller turbo and swear that no internals need to be upgraded versus apr who claim you need to have the internals done.

Is that 450 WHP, or crank?

I'm really waffling between this option, and Mabotech.

I know this is the safer way, but when everybody else had Atari and then Nintendo, I had an Intelevision and a Sega Master System.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
450 at the wheels on 93

not sure how much safer this option is. I am hearing mixed comments but not sure if it is because they are competitors or facts

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!

I know this is the safer way, but when everybody else had Atari and then Nintendo, I had an Intelevision and a Sega Master System.

REVO is Sega in this situation. Not a lot of love on this forum.

If Revo is Sega, then I'd think Mabotech must be Russian roulette with a semi-automatic. Just scary to go so far off the grid.

Anyway, can't wait to see what Beaker ends up with. I'm sure it will be a BEAST.

kdub808

Ready to race!

I ❤️ Intellivision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro