GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Mine needs a good clean. Bags finally fitted got sent a pic from the garage today. Management still needs a few tweaks but should be picking it up at the weekend.

Some will say it looks broken and I have ruined it but this is the 4th car that I’ve bagged - I just love the look and the versatility of adjustable ride height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayum that looks good! Great photo too.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thinking back on warmer weather when my car could actually be clean and not covered with road salt for more than a day. :eek:

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

My CSG GTI as it sits today.

Looks good man! I like the R400 front bumper and the wing! Care to share more info on the wing?

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
Well he actually races it, so I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt for now. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I noticed that, but doesn't a wing on a FWD car actually hurt performance, since its putting the down force on the rear, not the drive wheels?

CeleritasPrime

Ready to race!
I noticed that, but doesn't a wing on a FWD car actually hurt performance, since its putting the down force on the rear, not the drive wheels?

Not at all. Downforce is to help balance the car in high speed corners and has nothing to do with which wheels are driven. If the car understeers the you need to add grip at the front, either mechanically or via downforce. If the car oversteers then you add grip at the rear.

Added downforce needs to be balanced. Typically you will see a wing on the rear and a splitter in the front. Take a look at setups in World Challenge, TCR, GTE/GT3/GT4 etc.