GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hi folks! I just picked up a new '17 GTI Sport in December, trading in my '14 FoST. I drive a ton, so I got through the break-in period in just two weeks :p What a great car!

I've been autocrossing for the last 11 years, mostly with Windy City BMW. The GTI will primarily be my daily, but I'm sure I'll get it out to an event or two :)

Attachments

• gti_1.jpg
    gti_1.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 170

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hi folks! I just picked up a new '17 GTI Sport in December, trading in my '14 FoST. I drive a ton, so I got through the break-in period in just two weeks :p What a great car!

I've been autocrossing for the last 11 years, mostly with Windy City BMW. The GTI will primarily be my daily, but I'm sure I'll get it out to an event or two :)

Heyooo I started autocrossing with windy city bmw back in 2013. What were you driving in 13-14? Met some awesome people there, that group has some really competitive drivers for sure.

DanJoy

Ready to race!

Welcome! I’m from Aurora also and recognize your username from TCG back in the day.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Heyooo I started autocrossing with windy city bmw back in 2013. What were you driving in 13-14? Met some awesome people there, that group has some really competitive drivers for sure.

Hey! My name's Jay too. I've driven a lot of cars with them, but I think during that time I had a Mazdaspeed6.

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Welcome! I’m from Aurora also and recognize your username from TCG back in the day.

Oh yeah! This username finds me anywhere on the web, haha. I've had it since the old Chicago Velocity days (pre-TCG, maybe 2003ish?) Thanks!

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

Welcome. I have to agree with you that the Sport is a fun daily driver. My Sport was black but with all this road salt it looks more like a twin of yours.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What's next for your cars gents? I've been busy working on other peoples cars lately and haven't really had time to work on my own. Have quite the stockpile building up in my second bedroom.

I tend to hoard parts in winter and do big install days in spring. This year will be no different.

What's left to install:
Race axles from raxles
Eibach Multipro r2 coilovers
vorschlag camber plates
rennline gas pedal
eurojet intercooler (swapping out my current fmic)
setrab oil cooler
all poly bushings from powerflex in the rear suspension

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Nice.

I have a small wedding to pay for this year, but now that I’m back to my regular job I’d like to do:

RSR or SB stage 2 endurance clutch
IE intercooler
Downpipe
Stage twos

Funds allowing some flowformed Konigs and PSS/PS4 or maybe those new continentals that people compare to the PSS

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Nice.

I have a small wedding to pay for this year, but now that I’m back to my regular job I’d like to do:

RSR or SB stage 2 endurance clutch
IE intercooler
Downpipe
Stage twos

Funds allowing some flowformed Konigs and PSS/PS4 or maybe those new continentals that people compare to the PSS

I must be the only one that thought the PSS were crap for how expensive they are.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I’m not looking to spend PSS money, but something that is comparable for less. I’ve been on Hankook Ventus evo 2’s since my MK6 and they only have 15K on them because I worked so close to home.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Saving for APR downpipe, intake and oil catch can system.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
What's next for your cars gents? Have quite the stockpile building up in my second bedroom.

Also stockpiling.

-Install shifter bushings
-Porsche 986 Boxster Brake Kit
-19" VMR 710's w/new summer rubber
-Hardwire the dashcam & install rear facing camera

Stretch goals.
-Figure out a shift knob.
-motor/trans mounts (or sell my HPA dogbone and forget about mounts)

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Also stockpiling.

-Install shifter bushings
-Porsche 986 Boxster Brake Kit
-19" VMR 710's w/new summer rubber
-Hardwire the dashcam & install rear facing camera

Stretch goals.
-Figure out a shift knob.
-motor/trans mounts (or sell my HPA dogbone and forget about mounts)

Bring the shifter bushings tonight we are installing those this evening.