GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Put winter tires on my GTI mounted to OEM 17" Goals.

Also did the Audi S3 short shifter. Feels good. Bushings are next.

I need to swap mine on soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I took my summer tires off 11/11. I have the cable end bushings on my MK7 and they make a big difference. I’ve been thinking about doing the bracket bushings too but I’m not sure how much of a difference they make.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I took my summer tires off 11/11. I have the cable end bushings on my MK7 and they make a big difference. I’ve been thinking about doing the bracket bushings too but I’m not sure how much of a difference they make.
Nice. I need to kill my all seasons so I can but summers on my summer wheels finally.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S

I bought both to put on. 42dd cable bushings and picked up ECS bracket bushings on the cheap for black Friday.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Nice. I need to kill my all seasons so I can but summers on my summer wheels finally.

I have summers on some VMR’s I originally bought for my MK6, then run the all seasons on the stock Austin’s once the temperature drops. I’d like to get winter/snow tires when the all seasons are done but I put less than 3,000 miles on them last winter so it may take awhile.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

I thought the bracket bushings made a bigger difference than the shifter bushings on my mk6. It's the same shifter setup, I would think it would be the same on the mk7 platform.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I thought the bracket bushings made a bigger difference than the shifter bushings on my mk6. It's the same shifter setup, I would think it would be the same on the mk7 platform.

Interesting. I may have to pick those up then. It’s an identical shifter setup as I transferred my ECS short shifter from the MK6 to the MK7.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
ECS bracket bushings ordered haha. I needed to order replacement TTY hardware for the BFI trans mount I should have by the end of the week anyways. I ordered them on Black Friday and they originally was supposed to ship on the 5th, then I got an email that they were shipping on the 22nd, and finally yesterday I got shipping confirmation.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
ECS bracket bushings ordered haha. I needed to order replacement TTY hardware for the BFI trans mount I should have by the end of the week anyways. I ordered them on Black Friday and they originally was supposed to ship on the 5th, then I got an email that they were shipping on the 22nd, and finally yesterday I got shipping confirmation.

Everyones behind. I ordered $250 worth of oem bolts black friday and they just showed up yesterday.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I’ve never had much bad to say about ECS, but their “in stock” statuses on their site are kind of bullshit. The bolts showed that they were in stock and shipping same day so I paid a little extra for ground vs economy shipping to have them by the weekend. Seconds after ordering the status changed and now they’re supposed to ship tomorrow. Coming from Ohio they should still be here on time but it’s a minor annoyance.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Mounts arrived today. I was real confused since the tracking link sent me to fedex where I kept getting an invalid tracking number message. Plugged the number into UPS and it shows they were delivered today. Hopefully the hardware is here by Saturday as I’d like to do the engine and transmission mount at the same time.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Mounts arrived today. I was real confused since the tracking link sent me to fedex where I kept getting an invalid tracking number message. Plugged the number into UPS and it shows they were delivered today. Hopefully the hardware is here by Saturday as I’d like to do the engine and transmission mount at the same time.

Which mounts did you go with?

DanJoy

Ready to race!
BFI stage one engine and transmission. Glad I went that route after seeing a few of those CTS and 034 engine mounts snapping on the MQB page. For Black Friday ECS had the transmission mount for 15% off like BFI did but it was still somehow $20 less than at BFI so overall I saved 20% on the set. Looks like the bushings and hardware will be here Monday so that sucks.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
BFI stage one engine and transmission. Glad I went that route after seeing a few of those CTS and 034 engine mounts snapping on the MQB page. For Black Friday ECS had the transmission mount for 15% off like BFI did but it was still somehow $20 less than at BFI so overall I saved 20% on the set. Looks like the bushings and hardware will be here Monday so that sucks.

Nice. I have a bfi stage 1 trans mount on my rabbit. BFI stage 2 engine/trans for the gti. I think they have some of the better mounts out of the rest I've seen. You'll like them, completely changes the way the power is put down.