GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

Renck

Ready to race!
Just springs. Ordered a set from Emmanuele Designs during the holiday sales.

Cool. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of couple of questions: Is this your daily drive? Any significant difference on the ride (same/stiffer)? How much dropped 1/2", 1"?

TIA

cw_tdi14

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of couple of questions: Is this your daily drive? Any significant difference on the ride (same/stiffer)? How much dropped 1/2", 1"?

TIA

It is my daily. I went with ED because I have DCC and to me it was between them and VWR and these were on sale. Not sure about the ride personally since they dont get installed until next week, but from what I hear they are a tad stiffer but still comfortable. I think they claim 15% on their website. The drop is supposed to be 1.2". I'm sure I'll post some pics after they are installed. Here is a thread with some good information on them: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21021&highlight=ED+springs

Renck

Ready to race!
It is my daily. I went with ED because I have DCC and to me it was between them and VWR and these were on sale. Not sure about the ride personally since they dont get installed until next week, but from what I hear they are a tad stiffer but still comfortable. I think they claim 15% on their website. The drop is supposed to be 1.2". I'm sure I'll post some pics after they are installed. Here is a thread with some good information on them: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21021&highlight=ED+springs

Gotcha! Well, I'm looking forward to read on your initial impressions. If you can take a before and after picture of the gaps (front and back) and post them here, it would be highly appreciated. Or, you can do that at the ED+springs thread (thanks for sharing it and I'm subscribed now).

Cheers!

njavier03

Ready to race!
Gotcha! Well, I'm looking forward to read on your initial impressions. If you can take a before and after picture of the gaps (front and back) and post them here, it would be highly appreciated. Or, you can do that at the ED+springs thread (thanks for sharing it and I'm subscribed now).

Cheers!

We might be straying off topic, but if you’re looking for a modest drop and probably the close ride quality to stock, then I suggest the DG springs. I previously had VWRs (1.3” drop) on my last MK7, but went with DGs (about 1” drop) this time. The DGs are extremely close to stock ride quality, and not low enough to potentially cause rubbing issues. They’re also a VW part. I’m having the TT pads installed in the rear to get rid of that little bit of negative rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
We might be straying off topic, but if you’re looking for a modest drop and probably the close ride quality to stock, then I suggest the DG springs. I previously had VWRs (1.3” drop) on my last MK7, but went with DGs (about 1” drop) this time. The DGs are extremely close to stock ride quality, and not low enough to potentially cause rubbing issues. They’re also a VW part. I’m having the TT pads installed in the rear to get rid of that little bit of negative rake.

Thanks for sharing this information. I ordered a set of new wheels and I'm a bit concerned about dropping the car to much and then dealing with rubbing issues. I'll definitely look for information on the DGs.

To keep this thread on topic, here is another pic of my MK7....;)

20171205_210155.jpg

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Mods:
BC Racing BR coilovers, Rotiform KPS 19x8.5 w/Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 245/35 19 tires all around, Eurodyne Stage 2 91oct file, custom downpipe, modified OEM intake, CTS Turbo inlet pipe, O34 Motorsport dog bone mount, Forge Motorsports short shifter bracket (highly recommended), Black Forest Industries weighted shift knob (highly recommended), ECS Tuning shifter bushings, rolled fenders.

Future mods:
Stage 3 clutch (undecided which brand yet), IS38 Turbo accompanied with Eurodyne Stage 2 IS38 software 91oct, RS7 spark plugs, maybe a CF wing [emoji848], and tint of course [emoji846]

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion