MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Good find. Doesn't help us 50mm folk.
Wonder what they are comparable to. Sure they don't design and manufacture
they don't give much info but yes they DO have a 50mm version, check ebay seller's other offerings.

they appear to be ride height adjustable only.
Dinan site has been a little sketchy on warranty vs koni, bilstein, kw etc.

historically their dampers, cup kits at coilovers for bmw have been koni derivatives (thus adj damping).

might be worth a shot at that price for someone who just wants height adjustment.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I was able to get my wet noodle arms in there from the top of the engine. I had to use a small screwdriver to slowly pry off the lower connector. It was a bit tricky to connect the lower connector with one hand. It took me about 15 to 20 mins to get everything in and zip tied.

If anyone has a cleaner method of running and mounting the box...let me know.

Haven't driven it yet though.[emoji23]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
there is a review on Extreme Powerhouse's site where the reviewer shows a pic of placement near the firewall, behind the brake fluid reservoir. Claims he has no bt connectivity issues.

because.....?
A review on vortex mentioned some bt connectivity issues and google play store reviews also talk about such.

kgmm/sss

Passed Driver's Ed
Ended up picking one of these up at the 136$ sale price. Great unit at this cost while I save up to do my ultimate build someday. Only hiccup is it will not connect to android 8.0 devices and I had to dig out my old s6.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
At $465, I'm going for this suspension. I was curious about it at $950 as it was roughly the same cost as lowering springs and dampers but with adjustable height. It may be a while before I can install them, but I will update this thread when I do.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
they don't give much info but yes they DO have a 50mm version, check ebay seller's other offerings.

they appear to be ride height adjustable only.
Dinan site has been a little sketchy on warranty vs koni, bilstein, kw etc.

historically their dampers, cup kits at coilovers for bmw have been koni derivatives (thus adj damping).

might be worth a shot at that price for someone who just wants height adjustment.

Wasn't planning any mods for the near future, but at the $465 price, couldn't pass it up. Just ordered and there were only 2 available for 50mm. So I guess just 1 left now. Now just have to get some H&R sway bars and then install.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
there is a review on Extreme Powerhouse's site where the reviewer shows a pic of placement near the firewall, behind the brake fluid reservoir. Claims he has no bt connectivity issues.

because.....?
A review on vortex mentioned some bt connectivity issues and google play store reviews also talk about such.

I rerouted the harness to the front of the car now. instead of going under the intake tube, it goes to the front of the engine. I also flipped the box around. I did think about mounting the box somewhere around the firewall...but this thing is enclosed inside a little plastic box. I wanted to put it somewhere where there isn't as much heat...so I just zipped it to the ECU harness

So far, I haven't had any Bluetooth connection problems.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Wasn't planning any mods for the near future, but at the $465 price, couldn't pass it up. Just ordered and there were only 2 available for 50mm. So I guess just 1 left now. Now just have to get some H&R sway bars and then install.
Cool! Post pics after install.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I rerouted the harness to the front of the car now. instead of going under the intake tube, it goes to the front of the engine. I also flipped the box around. I did think about mounting the box somewhere around the firewall...but this thing is enclosed inside a little plastic box. I wanted to put it somewhere where there isn't as much heat...so I just zipped it to the ECU harness

So far, I haven't had any Bluetooth connection problems.

Nice clean install! I hope the Dinan box or the ECU cable is shielded. Don't want any weird stuff happening.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Nice clean install! I hope the Dinan box or the ECU cable is shielded. Don't want any weird stuff happening.

Don't know if the box is shielded. There is absolutely no heft in the box when holding it in my hand. Feels like thin plastic when I tap on the module.

I might have to reroute the harness again. The hose I zipped the harness to is a coolant line. It was fairly warm to the touch last night. I initially thought it was just a vacuum line.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
So I bought these like 11 hours ago and they already shipped. Good looking out bro. I've been stock suspension for 54k miles.[emoji108][emoji41]
thought about them for myself, but really want the adjustable damping. Least I could do is point it out.

bpastre90

Passed Driver's Ed
So these look like solo werks? Has anyone ran these dinan coils on the mk7? Or if there is any conparison.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So these look like solo werks? Has anyone ran these dinan coils on the mk7? Or if there is any conparison.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw them...at least the struts & shocks...the springs look different.
They're probably just sourced from the same supplier & a Dinan sticker slapped on them