GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Exhaust Crackle Now Available

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
APR Exhaust Crackle is now available for MK7 GTI / A3 platform 2.0 TSI vehicles!

Enhance your exhaust note just like Audi’s latest RS models! The APR Exhaust Crackle, lovingly called “pops and bangs” by many, adds a distinct crackle to the exhaust note upon lifting off the throttle, gear changes on a manual, decelerating, or while free revving at a stand standstill. This optional feature is available at no cost, at the time of flashing, for most compatible ECUs at stage 2 and higher stages. For convenience, the feature is only enabled when the vehicle is placed into sport mode or while free revving the engine. Lastly, for safety, this feature has built in hardware protection limits, and will only function when it’s considered safe to do so.

Currently available ECUs at the product launch:

5G0906259A S0001 (CNTC)
5G0906259A S0002 (CNTC)
5G0906259A S0003 (CNTC)
5G0906259A S0004 (CNTC)
5G0906259A S0005 (CNTC)
5G0906259A S0006 (CNTC)
5G0906259D S0004 (CNTC)
5G0906259C S0001 (CHHB)
5G0906259C S0002 (CHHB)
5G0906259D S0001 (CXCA)
5G0906259D S0002 (CXCA)
5G0906259L S0001 (CXCB)
5G0906259L S0002 (CXCA)
5G0906259P S0001 (CHHA)
5GG906259A S0001 (CUGA)
5GG906259A S0002 (CUGA)

If your ECU is not on the list, please have your dealer submit a request. Other platforms are to follow.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
So no crackle tune for stock DP?

KlipZ

Ready to race!
but how much more HP do i get?!?!?!?!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I guess there's no crackle between DSG shifts because it shifts too fast?

Doesn't the extra fuel tend to destroy cats? Doesn't it merely add raw fuel and spark to the exhaust stroke, which is not good for a cat?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Will flames shoot out the exhaust as well?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I guess there's no crackle between DSG shifts because it shifts too fast?

Doesn't the extra fuel tend to destroy cats? Doesn't it merely add raw fuel and spark to the exhaust stroke, which is not good for a cat?

Traditionally, the crackle/backfire/whatever you call it occurred when unburnt mixture found it's way out of the combustion chamber during the exhaust cycle, but these days, who knows? I'd have to think that brand new cars wouldn't pass emissions if that were happening.

Regardless of whether you're a fan of the Fiat 500 Abarth, it does make great noises when you lift off of the throttle at higher RPM. I think they achieved that by simply not putting any mufflers in the exhaust system.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If only there was an option to buy a tuned ECU so you could swap it out for warranty work. But I think only a VW dealer can mate ECU's with VW corporate involvement.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Traditionally, the crackle/backfire/whatever you call it occurred when unburnt mixture found it's way out of the combustion chamber during the exhaust cycle, but these days, who knows? I'd have to think that brand new cars wouldn't pass emissions if that were happening.

Regardless of whether you're a fan of the Fiat 500 Abarth, it does make great noises when you lift off of the throttle at higher RPM. I think they achieved that by simply not putting any mufflers in the exhaust system.

Afterfire not backfire. Also, RIP catalytic converters. Sounds kind of like my racebike which has no cat

GaryKYLee

Passed Driver's Ed
For current stage 2 owner, do I just go to an APR dealer and have them reflash it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I vote for flames shooting out the exhaust pipes. Would make my buddy w/ a modded NSX and another buddy with a Jag F-type R super jealous. :D

DapperGTI

So I think it sounds awesome, but from the video, I can't help but think, "This is how you make the news." I mean, they literally had a man hunt in some town in Florida the other day because his exhaust sounded like gunfire.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo