GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
LMAO Eurodyne does not have a Black Friday Sale. His Black Friday is on a daily... pay the $375 one time and you have the stage 1 & stage 2 DSG file. Obviously i recommend flashing to the stage 2 and i think the stage 1 should be deleted off the server like it never existed.

I agree. Based on what I now know about how this "Stage 2" file came into existence, everyone with the DSG tune should flash over to the new file immediately. It will be better for all.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Which dsg adaptation do we do after a flash?

Reset all adaption values??

I did all of them. Hold the brake pedal down when the car is on and running and don't let go until it says its completed.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I did all resets and it made some terrible noises going through the gears lol

Yeah that is normal ! Don't worry about it. There is a driving procedure also:
Defined Test Drive

Suggested test drive after replacing the mechatronic or successful basic setting.

Prerequisites:

• Fluid Temperature 30...100 °C (86...210 °F), see Measuring Blocks, Group 019.
  • Do Not use Cruise Control.
Drive in Tiptronic Mode from stand still up to 6th Gear.
While doing that make sure to drive in Gears 3 or 5 for approx. 5 minutes and also in 4 or 6 for approx. 5 minutes.
The engine speed window for all gears is 1200 - 3500 RPM (for clutch calibration).
Perform one sharp braking followed by a full throttle acceleration (oil return check) while in Drive, Not Tiptronic Mode.
Evaluate creep and starting-off points.
Check for leaks.

NOTE: If the test drive cannot be performed in the recommended way or the necessary time, any remaining adaptations will be performed automatically during normal driving.
Special Notes

• Some modules do not require the use if the [ON/OFF/Next] button. If an Error is displayed after clicking the button, or the Basic Settings status does not switch to On, let the selected group and procedure finish on its own.

• It is normal for the transmission to make noise while the tolerances are adapting. Do not exit or abort the Basic Settings sequence prematurely if you hear clacking noises.

• Customers with TDI's have reported that an RPM range of 2000-2500 rpm is sufficient.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Just to be clear on dsg adaptation... this is using a obdeleven? Or vagcom?
I do not have them. Should i still flash to stage 2 dsg??

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Ugh I can’t do this as I’m pretty deep in town and lights will stop me. But I have a 400 mile trip Wednesday haha I hope that’s not going to hurt anything until then.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
You'll be fine nothing will get hurt. I didn't do the procedure correctly, but i will reset the adaptations and do it correctly when traffic settles down.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Cool, it’s probably like an learning computer on our cars and over the years. I’ll see what I can do going to work tomorrow.

BUT over stock it’s amazing! IS38 in three weeks. Thanks for the help man

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Just to be clear on dsg adaptation... this is using a obdeleven? Or vagcom?
I do not have them. Should i still flash to stage 2 dsg??

Flash to the stage 2. With the boost & timing you're running its better to have the dsg tune... the car will put the power down to the ground better.

JSoler

Ready to race!
I don't know how you guys are hitting 6th at 42, mine won't even shift past 4th at 42mph. It shifts into 5th at 45-50 and then 6th at 55-60 depending on throttle. That's BABYING it too! I drove for about 1 solid hour doing various driving styles and I can say D mode is definitely improved. The downshifts are much quicker in all modes and about 150rpm higher than stock settings in both D and S.

I am trying to upload the logs I took, but it's not letting me upload it. It says datazap has an issue.

Currently I'm running slider at 98 Oct, 14* timing and my boost is cap is maxed. I'm running my own maestro tune, is38 hybrid from ffe racing, custom intercooler, custom dp & exhaust, gfb DV+ with stiffer spring special ordered from gfb, custom intake, snow wmi, e85 blend with 100 Oct fuel due to the cost of 100 Oct and I see the cooling effect of wmi/e85 doing wonderful things to my numbers, brisk racing plugs, rs3 coils, and an upgraded fuel pump that I'm still working with maestro to play nicer with. Car pulls like a champ, though!

I'm planning on a bigger turbo after the deployment I'm leaving for in about a month, I have my mind set on a xonarotor xona9567(ims1000) and .80 A/R turbine housing.

It's going to be a bitch to work with maestro but it's a fun hobby for me!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JSoler

Ready to race!
I don't know how you guys are hitting 6th at 42, mine won't even shift past 4th at 42mph. It shifts into 5th at 45-50 and then 6th at 55-60 depending on throttle. That's BABYING it too! I drove for about 1 solid hour doing various driving styles and I can say D mode is definitely improved. The downshifts are much quicker in all modes and about 150rpm higher than stock settings in both D and S.

I am trying to upload the logs I took, but it's not letting me upload it. It says datazap has an issue.

Currently I'm running slider at 98 Oct, 14* timing and my boost is cap is maxed. I'm running my own maestro tune, is38 hybrid from ffe racing, custom intercooler, custom dp & exhaust, gfb DV+ with stiffer spring special ordered from gfb, custom intake, snow wmi, e85 blend with 100 Oct fuel due to the cost of 100 Oct and I see the cooling effect of wmi/e85 doing wonderful things to my numbers, brisk racing plugs, rs3 coils, and an upgraded fuel pump that I'm still working with maestro to play nicer with. Car pulls like a champ, though!

I'm planning on a bigger turbo after the deployment I'm leaving for in about a month, I have my mind set on a xonarotor xona9567(ims1000) and .80 A/R turbine housing.

It's going to be a bitch to work with maestro but it's a fun hobby for me!

I'll try again in the morning!