GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

AmericanEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
How is everyone's climate control system here anyway? I ask because on my GTI, i need to set the temp to AT LEAST 75 to warm the air and for AC, 71 will feel cool but not frozen.

My mom has a Toureg and 71 in the winter feels like your standing at the gates of hell and 71 in the summer is like your in the arctic.

I also lose about 30miles per full tank of fuel when using my CC system... MPG typically goes from ~30 on my commute to work to ~25-26.
I don't lose anywhere close to that fuel mileage, but I have the SE without the auto CC. Seems to me that there is something awry with your system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pieguy

Ready to race!
I did the VCDS tweak to light up my dash when parking lights are on. If it's 4PM when I am leaving work and I know I'll be home before dusk, I just turn those on. I don't have auto lights. If I did, I would be frustrated that my headlights and dash were not tied to the same sensor.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-7-MK7-MKVII-Octavia/1331069_32561060755.html

You should really upgrade. It's so cheap and works great. Shipping takes a while but by far the best mod per dollar I've made since I own a base S.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-7-MK7-MKVII-Octavia/1331069_32561060755.html

You should really upgrade. It's so cheap and works great. Shipping takes a while but by far the best mod per dollar I've made since I own a base S.
You missed demi's next sentence. 2 different sensors means there's a chance that one sensor thinks it's bright enough while the other thinks it's too dark.

I've seen some posts in the past of people with auto headlights from the factory having a problem with the dash lights turning off but the headlight sensor thinking it's bright enough to not switch the low beams on.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
using the ac/heat never affects my mileage noticeably.

When I have the blower motor going and ac or heat, my.... fuck I can't remember, one of the car screens on my MIB2 shows me that it uses almost 1 gallon of fuel per hour at idle. A/C uses more fuel then heat does. The reason being that when the drive belt has extra force applied by the A/C comp engaging, idle RPM will drop due to increase load, so the ECU increases idle, thus increasing fuel consumption.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Every time I was my car, no matter how much I dry it, I always get one drip down the side of the car from where the mirror housing meets the body when I come back to it. It looks like it's shedding a single, sad tear.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Rainy season is here. That means waterfalls of water pouring into my car when I open the door. It's a really poor roof design for diverting water.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Oh yeah, forgot to add. The dreaded windshield condensation is also back with the cooler weather.

Attachments

• Condensation.JPG
    Condensation.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 697

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Rainy season is here. That means waterfalls of water pouring into my car when I open the door. It's a really poor roof design for diverting water.

I do not have that issue. A few drops when I open the door sure, but not a waterfall. Maybe you need to apply more wax to the car so the water runs off instead of pooling up? We just got 3+ inches of rain in the last 24... I think... possible I read the newspaper wrong or am mis-remembering, but it was a lot of rain over a short period of time. Flash flood warnings and all.

Edit: I see you are in Oakland, and I am in Marin, so very strange.

2nd Edit: The roads here in Marin are usually sloped, so when I'm parked on the side of the road the water runs to the passenger side. I've spent a lot of time in Berkeley on Alcatraz, but my Oakland time was in the Highland Hills... I think that is what the area is called, it's near Highland Hospital where my friend works anyway (number one gun shot wound trauma hospital in CA, whut! whut!). When my friend was renting a house on Harmony (the street north of Alcatraz, during the gang days before gentrification hit the area, we were playing Warhammer 40k and all of a sudden some holes opened up in the walls followed by the report of gun fire. We just kind of stood around being like.... um so yeah what just happened? I was a visitor, but my friends who lived in the area were friendly with the major gang heads. After the main gang leader ( I honestly don't know the names of the gangs or anything like that) got arrested, stuff started to settle down and gentrification started to happen in force. Neighborhoods which had been run down houses full of drug dealers and stuff like that totally transformed over a few months. It was pretty crazy.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

Oh yeah, forgot to add. The dreaded windshield condensation is also back with the cooler weather.

Weird, have not seen that issue. If the condensation is on the inside of the window, it is related to the waterfalls of water pouring into your car, i.e. high humidity condensing on the cold window. Make sure you keep recirculate air off to help dry it out, and with it off, run your heater on full blast for about 20 minutes to dry it out.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
A lot of condensation on the window interior is related to products you use to clean your interior. Armor all or anything silicon/oil based will evaporate from your dash and leave residue on the inside of the glass which gives water vapor a place to condense. Switching away from these products will help a lot, albeit it won't fix the problem completely

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KlipZ

Ready to race!
When I have the blower motor going and ac or heat, my.... fuck I can't remember, one of the car screens on my MIB2 shows me that it uses almost 1 gallon of fuel per hour at idle. A/C uses more fuel then heat does. The reason being that when the drive belt has extra force applied by the A/C comp engaging, idle RPM will drop due to increase load, so the ECU increases idle, thus increasing fuel consumption.

Yep. Convenience Consumers. Also, flip on your fog lights or heated seats. Makes me never use any of these things.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
A lot of condensation on the window interior is related to products you use to clean your interior. Armor all or anything silicon/oil based will evaporate from your dash and leave residue on the inside of the glass which gives water vapor a place to condense. Switching away from these products will help a lot, albeit it won't fix the problem completely

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How about this Small condensation spot every time it rains
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?p=528419&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion