MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Any cutting required?

Edit: Wish there was a Turbo Wizard Velociraptor FMIC. I'd hate to dismount a SMIC for warranty work.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm interested in this i.c. I wonder how it would hold up in 120° Arizona heat

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Any cutting required?

No. Super light file work to allow the radiator to fit all the way into intercooler pegs. The condenser (where most people have problems IE) fit perfect.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Man the price of these is going to skyrocket in like a month with all the orders lol

They keep playing with the pricing on eBay. I think 300-320 range scares people. But, at 370-400 they may get more orders. All marketing and perception. I would not say a 900 Wagner is 3x the intercooler. :).

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Soo glad these Ebay intercoolers are starting to get decent. As long as people are using these and no fitment problems, I'll be buying one soon enough when the weather starts getting hot.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Great News! How’s the ol azz dyno reading?

:)

No clue an IC would make this much difference. Power more linear and pulls out up top much better. I would say it picked up peak hp and tq for sure. No fade out of power. :). Great 300 mod.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
We should re-title this thread so they dont catch wind we're interested and jack prices up.

PS LOL @ LONG DONG SPECIAL.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
No clue an IC would make this much difference. Power more linear and pulls out up top much better. I would say it picked up peak hp and tq for sure. No fade out of power. :). Great 300 mod.

Right On!

The first mod I did to my MK6 was an SMIC intercooler and I was amazed how much smoother and linear the engine felt after just that modification. Perhaps the larger core allows the engine to work more efficiently!

HicBuda

Ready to race!
This intercooler is a helluva lot prettier than the nasty looking Unitronic I just dropped in. Good thing they are buried in there. Looked like someone found it in the ground.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Right On!

The first mod I did to my MK6 was an SMIC intercooler and I was amazed how much smoother and linear the engine felt after just that modification. Perhaps the larger core allows the engine to work more efficiently!

I’m getting more boost up top for sure. The ecu may shut that down. Plus 7 override on catless dp, intake mods, and e35 running really good. Chirping tires on boost in 3rd. 900 bucks in mods. Great value.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I’m getting more boost up top for sure. The ecu may shut that down. Plus 7 override on catless dp, intake mods, and e35 running really good. Chirping tires on boost in 3rd. 900 bucks in mods. Great value.

You know whats awesome, I Timeattack/HPDE with my GTI and honestly if you take out the aero everything was pretty cheap power wise. Sub 500 in mods adding that intercooler would put me right around 800 or so. Fantastic platform to work with and having the LSD already in was a huge bonus.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
You know whats awesome, I Timeattack/HPDE with my GTI and honestly if you take out the aero everything was pretty cheap power wise. Sub 500 in mods adding that intercooler would put me right around 800 or so. Fantastic platform to work with and having the LSD already in was a huge bonus.

Amen Brother. You pull the backseat back it is worth over 100 pounds. 2800-2900 range car with this kind of torque is fun. IMO! Lol.