GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Corndart

Picked up a carbon gray S DSG, no additional accessories, $22773 - 1000 VW incentive + 144.75 title/license + 2277.30 tax (10%) + 135 doc fee, for a total of $24,327.05 OTD. Could likely have talked them down another $500 but I hate the car game and was already a little cooked from trying to negotiate for a Sport DSG. None of the dealers in the area were willing to go below 24.5k, 3.1k more including taxes and fees for a Sport, so I "settled" for the S. The vehicle will goto my son when he graduates college in 3 years so was aiming to keep costs as low as possible.

Anyhow not as good of a deal as some, but I'm quite happy with nearly 6k off the sticker. Got mud mats, tint, looking a X Pel treatment for the front, and the Helix sound system. Lots of complaints about the headlights but perhaps not having driven one with the lighting package, not sure what I'm missing, halogens seem okay, certainly not great, but serviceable even on a few dark rainy nights here in the Pac NW.

Batman0424

So, any word on when the 2018 models will be available?

I've called every dealer around me. One expects info by the end of the month, another said info in December. So, basically, no one seems to have any definitive information. Very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louishere

Right now my goal is either a White or Blue DSG Sport, or wait until the 2018s come out (mainly to see if I can order it in orange like the R or e-golf in Canada).

I’ve been keeping track of the number of White and Blue DSG Sports within a 500 mile radius of me (Stamford, CT), and they’re selling slower than I thought (61 available on 10/1 compared to 51 available on 10/16). I’ve gotten a dealer near me down to $26.8k OTD ($23.8k plus $2.3k tax, $500 doc fee, and $200 destination fee), and a dealer in MD down to $25.6k OTD about a month ago (Including $1k VW incentives and $500 partner program, I don’t qualify for military or grad). If I can get it for $25k OTD near me ill pull the trigger. If not, I’ll be waiting for those 18s and the extended warranty!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I’ve gotten a dealer near me down to $26.8k OTD ($23.8k plus $2.3k tax, $500 doc fee, and $200 destination fee)

Whats with $200 destination fee, shouldn it be $820 .

Dealer might have included that in $23800 (as its a part of window sticker) and charge another $200 to their pocket.

Corndart

Yup. It's actually $24,500+TTL. Not that great for a Sport DSG anymore.

The $500 doc fee + $200 destination fee must be how the dealer is making money on the deal. $700 isn't too bad for an hours worth of work. A US-wide standard $820 destination charge should already be calculated in the MSRP price. VW corp has to be eating the rest in order to make way for the 2018's.

Do folks in Alaska and/or Hawaii pay more for their destination charges? Just curious, often times they are singled out for extra punishment due to the logistics involved in transport.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
The $500 doc fee + $200 destination fee must be how the dealer is making money on the deal. $700 isn't too bad for an hours worth of work.

Dealer is making profit with the selling price on any vehicle. Documentation fee is another means to milk money from customer and thats the reason many states have limits over that number.
Overall - http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/482-documentation-fees-by-state.shtml
Michigan - http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-49534_50300_78624-209610--,00.html

A US-wide standard $820 destination charge should already be calculated in the MSRP price.

Thats true. But in reality, many dealers add that in addition to the listed price on their webpage. Thats true for all dealers in DC area who offer one of the best deals in the country.