GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jb1 mk7 gti vs rx8

mclieberman

Pulled up to a stop light. We were next to each other and first in line so we gunned it. I was shocked by how much I beat him. It wasn't even close. The only mod I have is jb1. His car had some sort of mods, it sounded all rumbly and gurgly. Guess it didn't really help his off the line speed though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Rotaries are turds without boost.

(Please don't post some crazy quad rotor at 12,000rpm, that's not relevant to slow ass RX7s and RX8s)

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah Rx8s are not fast at sll straight line. Good for auto x. The interior is nice, seats are about perfect, it shifts like butter. But acceleration?...meh lol. Mazda rated them at 238hp iirc, but i dont know if its due to the rotary engine design, but they seem to dyno around 180ish whp stock.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
My wife used to own one. They are absolutely beautiful driving cars. Probably the best handing car I've ever driven. But.... it needs at least 100 ft lbs of tq

TQ_MKVII

Ready to race!
They handle incredibly well but they are really slow. You would've beaten him in stock form.

My friend had one with a turbo kit and it only dynoed ~220whp. Still felt slower than my GTI did stock. :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion
They handle incredibly well but they are really slow. You would've beaten him in stock form.

My friend had one with a turbo kit and it only dynoed ~220whp. Still felt slower than my GTI did stock. :D

I think the Renesis is very capable when built, but stock they do not hold power.