GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
I've noticed that the JB4 iOS app seems to round numbers when saving and loading config. 11 becomes 10.9. 12 becomes 12.1.

Anyone else notice this? does it matter? Obviously 1/10 psi isn't much but its still kinda annoying.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I nosed the sti till end. I let off at 115ish. Race was from 55mph. Sti and supra kept going. At 120mph i hit speed limiter so not point to keep going

You need to tune that out

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
Hrm, I'm definitely not crazy about this - there's a bit more resistance in the last bit of pushing the pedal to the metal - and pushing into this seems cause a gear shift. Hence my logs where i vary between 98 and 100.

My first logging attempt - got it in 3rd, 1500ish rpm, DSG shifter pushed to the right. Pedal to the metal - it shifts into 2nd at high rpm. wtf?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Hrm, I'm definitely not crazy about this - there's a bit more resistance in the last bit of pushing the pedal to the metal - and pushing into this seems cause a gear shift. Hence my logs where i vary between 98 and 100.

My first logging attempt - got it in 3rd, 1500ish rpm, DSG shifter pushed to the right. Pedal to the metal - it shifts into 2nd at high rpm. wtf?
press the pedal max before the click. if you notice theirs a click if you go deep enough on the pedal. Clicking that click will cause the car to downshift gears.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
press the pedal max before the click. if you notice theirs a click if you go deep enough on the pedal. Clicking that click will cause the car to downshift gears.

So if you push it all the way down but not hard enough to click the kick down switch are you still at 100%?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
That's the kick down switch. You can go right to it without pressure a difference still be 100%. Once you're over 4,300 or so you can push all the way

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
My golf vs built motor STI FP blue turbo FBO EWG, vs Bolt on 2jz supra(he started late) vs FBO built motor EWG STI (cameracar)

https://instagram.com/p/BYExLE9nnGqf0mlg0RzHQGhst4CWCx4sFHpry80/

I love it! Looks to me like you were pulling on all of them and might have let off early at the end? The supra might have been gaining overall but the two STI's got focked for sure.

Makes me feel better about my decision to sell my 2015 WRX. I see little reason to keep that car seeing how my Golf can be made faster for less than half the money I spent on the Subie.