GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I doubt they think that deeply, but by golly the Stohlman guy that reads this forum just got a brilliant story to use on his next out of state customer! :D

I had referred my friend to contacted them (as i had a positive buying experience) when he was looking for a Jetta. Sales guy quoted this additional feel.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I did not have to pay this additional fee last year when i bought mine. This has been added recently by some of the dealers as they see lot of other state buyer traffic because of their pricing. Its another greedy fee similar to that of their documentation charge to milk the buyer.

Just FYI for anyone who does buy in DC area, the dealer doc fee is usually always cheaper in Maryland. VA dealers routinely charge $599 while MD dealers typically charge $299. There are no VW dealers in the District, so no experience with buying a car within the District itself.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Just FYI for anyone who does buy in DC area, the dealer doc fee is usually always cheaper in Maryland. VA dealers routinely charge $599 while MD dealers typically charge $299.

True. But even with that difference i was quoted the lowest total price (excluding tax and title) by a Virginia dealer. Finally its a number game played by the dealer to acheive their targets.

wantone

Ready to race!
They could shove that right up their @$$. I work in and purchase most of my vehicles in the D.C. area but live in Delaware. Never dealt with anything like that and I've got screaming deals on two VWs purchases in the past year in the area: $6200 off sticker on my GTI and $8000 off sticker on my TDI.

To charge extra would be a sham. The postage would cost the same to mail their DMV/titling paperwork to Richmond VA or Sacramento CA. They incur no extra cost on an out of state/region buyer.

A guy on another forum just bought a Jetta GLI from Stohlman from out of state and didn't pay any sort of out of state fee. I know it's listed in the fine print on their site. And it doesn't say how much the out of state fee is. But I imagine in the end, if it's the difference between making a sale and not, they'll probably waive that out of state fee.

Sheehy VW brought up this fee to me 8 months ago and I walked. They called back and said they'd waive it. So definitely not in stone. This out of state fee is pure profit. No one should pay it. Even if the MD/VA/DC prices are low.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
2016 VW Golf SE w/LP!

$20,090 OTD
-This included $4450 off sticker for End of the Year Sales Event + $500 for Graduate Program (Had to provide my Diploma)
-$3500 down cash OOP
-All taxes, doc fees, and registration included with the OTD price once everything was adjusted.

-Monster Mats, Stainless Steel Dead Pedal, Stainless Steel A/T Set, and LED License Plate Light.

So the selling price was $23,590. This was a new 2016 you bought in 2017? That's a smoking deal for an SE.

Last edited:

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
2017 GTi - Sport -Dsg, Monster mats, regular mats, cargo mat w/partition blocks, cargo net, first aid kit, wheel locks. 12 miles on the odometer.

Bought in May 2017 sticker was $30,790 final price (minus tax, title, lic) was $25,125

Now 4 months later people should be getting great deals too.

MadMojoGTI

Hey everyone, so I pulled the trigger, bought my first Volkswagen.

Previous cars are: 2012 STi Hatchback, 2003 Lexus IS 300 w/ Supra TT motor swap, Acura TL Type S, Acura Integra Type-R.

I decided I really wanted the SE Trim because I love having a sun roof, the fender audio system sounds great, and I love the real leather in the 17's (as opposed to the leatherette). To each their own, but I value those things so I wanted an SE Trim.

I ended up doing a search on cars.com for the lowest price SE trim GTI in America, and like many on here found the dealers in the DC / VA area were the cheapest. I called and talked to them to get their total price before tax / title. It seemed I could get a 17' GTI SE for around $25,000 at a dealer in VA. I live in Cincinnati and I called all the dealerships around me to see if they could match the price, and they said they would not. The best they could do was $27,000 before destination charge for an SE.

So I am in VA this week for work (I travel here somewhat often) and went to Stolhmans VW in Tysons Corner and met with:

Abe Azzarkani
VW Sales Consultant
Stohlman VW, Tyson's Corner
571-359-9047 (call or Text)
abeazzarkani@stohlmanautogroup.cmdlr.com
www.stohlman-vw.com

After talking with Abe he said he could beat the price of any dealer around. So I made sure to get a legitimate quote from Sheehy VW also in Virginia. They were at $25,020 after all fees (and before taxes). Abe confirmed he could beat that price by $200.

After an hour or so at the dealership I left with the following:

2017 GTI Reflex Silver SE Trim, Lighting package, performance package.
No Monster mats
No VW Financing

MSRP: $31,710
Total price for car (including all dealer fees) $24,820
Delta: $6,890 in savings, or 21.51% off MSRP
New tag = $165
Ohio sales tax = $1,804.33

I feel good about the price I paid. I do plan on moving the auto loan to a local credit union ASAP, my credit score is over 800 and the best rate Stohlman could give me was Capital One at 3.9%.. which is a horrible rate. That's EASY though! I can literally move it to my credit union tomorrow and I'm out nothing.

Stohlman beat my local VW dealer price by over $2,500. My local dealers in Cincinnati confirmed that they could come no where near $25K before taxes. Now the only problem is I have to drive my brand new GTI home 600 miles after work on Thursday!

I'll make a new welcome thread soon on my plans for the car. I'm looking at EZLip, VMR springs, and Cobb Stage 1.

Happy hunting everyone! I hope you can get your hands on a 17 GTI at a good price.

wantone

Ready to race!
After an hour or so at the dealership I left with the following:

No Monster mats
No VW Financing

Excellent price. Are you getting the $1000 check from VW?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
No Monster mats
No VW Financing

New tag = $165
Ohio sales tax = $1,804.33

Now the only problem is I have to drive my brand new GTI home 600 miles after work on Thursday!

Thats a great deal and congrats. I pretty much did the same drive last year and it should not be boring!