GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 APR DSG VS 2012 CAMARO SS 6 speed

ML1234

Ready to race!
A lot of people I have been racing must just lie about their mods. He says it was stock....... My friend who has a giac stage 2 mk6 stock turbo dsg gti thats pretty quick and the camaro dusted him like how I would If i were to race him. So me and the camaro do a 35 roll and I spin crazy and am 1 car and a half back and took him by 2 cars by 120. We raced again from a 60 and destroyed him by 2 cars by top of 3rd. I have raced those camaros before and destroyed them stage 2. I was just so confused at what he had maybe nos. def did not have a cam. I was just blown away.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yes factory freaks exist. But im gonna say hes probably bulshiting u on his mods.
A is38 apr 370+ whp 3000 lb gti should pull HARD on stock gen 5 camaro.....LOL

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
A better than the average version of the same model bone stock car off the factory assembly line. One that just performs better than its 5-10-50,000 brothers, they're out there, usually it doesn't matter much on perf cars as most are modded anyway.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What's factory freak?

A myth that despite modern manufacturing tolerances and QC, some cars are significantly faster than others right off the showroom floor.

It's complete BS. There are always factors that explain it, like variations in density altitude, driver skill, maintenance, etc.

As for the OP, a stock 5th gen will trap 109-111, which is a damn good race with a stage 2 GTI.

Sounds like you beat a lot of drivers.

tknj99

Ready to race!

Zx2man

Ready to race!
That poster was fitting years ago. But that new a alpha chasis m6 camaro is dam nice car.
Bro in law has a 2016 SS, and it is a joy to ride in. Chevy got it right, and the lt1 engine borrowed from the corvette has just so much linear power. Oh it can handle too ;)

I would have 0 issues owning one.

tknj99

Ready to race!
That poster was fitting years ago. But that new a alpha chasis m6 camaro is dam nice car.
Bro in law has a 2016 SS, and it is a joy to ride in. Chevy got it right, and the lt1 engine borrowed from the corvette has just so much linear power. Oh it can handle too ;)

Yea I hear you.. i guess my tastes have changed overall from my 20's and 30's when I really wanted a Corvette and kept holding off.. these days when I see these souped up muscle cars, ie, Camaro SS, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette, etc... they just look too much in your face trying to get attention.. I enjoy the subtle appearance of our cars along with their utility and the fact that they can do it all for a fraction of the cost. Now high end German cars, Audi/BMW/Porsche, etc.. they have it going on! but still not worth the cost proposition for me atleast.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!

I agree 100%! I have a neighbor that has a 16 SS that is all black and is very clean and low key in my opinion. And I would still love a 15 Z28!!!

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yea I hear you.. i guess my tastes have changed overall from my 20's and 30's when I really wanted a Corvette and kept holding off.. these days when I see these souped up muscle cars, ie, Camaro SS, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette, etc... they just look too much in your face trying to get attention.. I enjoy the subtle appearance of our cars along with their utility and the fact that they can do it all for a fraction of the cost. Now high end German cars, Audi/BMW/Porsche, etc.. they have it going on! but still not worth the cost proposition for me atleast.

yea i wanted a challenger growing up, but the tunability, practicality, and interior quality of the of our cars won me over. no doubt muscle cars are monsters, i wouldnt mess with one on the road (still stock). i think most of the buyers arent exactly car enthusiasts and just buy whatever has high numbers. If i were to buy a muscle car i think 80% of my decision would be for the sound of v8.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Believe what you want, some motors come out of the factory running significantly stronger than others. I've seen it multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk