GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why do ricers....

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Giant tow hooks? I saw a few on some cheap imports in college and have been seeing them again lately. They stick out past the bumper. Is it for when your car breaks down? Lol

Also, Japanese learner driver symbol?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Its nothing more than a fashion accessory.

Like the VW guys that put bike racks on the roof of their cars when they don't even ride bikes and cover half of the rear glass with grenade stickers. It's just that they like the look. At least the tow hook doesn't kill your MPG the way a roof rack that gets no use does.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It says "Hey look at me! I track my car."... but most likely they don't.

Some just look like a nipple ring to me.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Its nothing more than a fashion accessory.

Like the VW guys that put bike racks on the roof of their cars when they don't even ride bikes and cover half of the rear glass with grenade stickers. It's just that they like the look. At least the tow hook doesn't kill your MPG the way a roof rack that gets no use does.

Lol the bike rack as a fashion accessory makes even less sense to me!

AJ15

Ready to race!
LOL... are we really having this discussion on a VW forum? I haven't been on these forums very long... But do the VW "stance bros" hang out here? :rolleyes:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
LOL... are we really having this discussion on a VW forum? I haven't been on these forums very long... But do the VW "stance bros" hang out here? :rolleyes:

There's a thread on extreme lowering but that doesn't seem to be the "crowd" here. I've got mostly a regular enthusiast and serious performance/tuner vibe.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
I file the tow hook thing into the same spot as people who have tow hook plate relocators or put their front plate on the dash.

My co-worker, well into his 50's, has a G35 with an obviously previously wrecked and poorly repaired bumper cover, and it has the plate holes in it. He insists to keep his plate on the dash, I offered to give him some plate screws but he prefers plate on dash. Looks ricer to me!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Yep my buddy used to leave the snowboard rack on his car in the summer. Coz it looked kewl. And "Hey I snowboard!"

Well, to be fair, up here (northern Vermont), you keep winter tires on five months out of the year, and some of those racks are a PITA to get on and off. Also, depending on the rack/box/whatevevr for skis and boards, some of those can be used to haul/strap other crap too. But mostly up here it's folks who can't be bothered to take the stuff off the car between winters.

And, well, every other car has ski/board racks on it here. But in Oakland, ok, I see your point....

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I file the tow hook thing into the same spot as people who have tow hook plate relocators or put their front plate on the dash.

My co-worker, well into his 50's, has a G35 with an obviously previously wrecked and poorly repaired bumper cover, and it has the plate holes in it. He insists to keep his plate on the dash, I offered to give him some plate screws but he prefers plate on dash. Looks ricer to me!

Your co-worker is going to be in a world of hurt if the airbag deploys & shoots that plate into his neck at breakneck speed. You might mention that to him.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

There are a few, but they're definitely a niche within the overall community. Most VW drivers go a more OEM+ route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmericanEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed

I just got mine for the pure fact that it looks good with the us millworks quick release side plate, and I did not want those drill holes in my bumper. Now if the dealer had already drilled them it would be a whole different story.