GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro ? MIB 1 or 2

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
can anyone tell me if the infotainment glove box unit with part number

5g0035020E is PRO or just MIB 1 Or MIB 2 ?

cant seem to get a definitive answer even vw parts didn't know

thanks

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Sturgeon boy, MIB 2 infotainment units were fitted to the mk7 Golf from model year 2016, the build of MY 2016 models would have commenced from week 22 of 2015.

Link to Navigation and Entertainment units on VW's website below which gives a summary of the features of the various infotainment units. This should help you identify whether it's a Discover Nav Pro or not by asking the seller if it has the Nav Pro features listed.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/navigation-and-entertainment-systems

If you're considering fitting a used Nav Pro unit to your car, be aware of the component protection (CP) issues. Units are coded to the original vehicle they were fitted in as an anti-theft measure, to help minimise the sale of second hand stolen units. For a second hand unit to work in another car, the component protection would need to be removed and unless things have changed, VW dealers won't remove CP from used units as the dealer wouldn't want to be associated with enabling a used infotainment unit from an unknown (possibly stolen) source.

I dare say there may be some people / sellers of car sound systems that have found a way to hack these units to remove CP but it could mean that not all the functionality will work on a hacked unit.

Last edited:

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine is 020D and it’s pro mib2

Are you sure it is MIB2? It says above that 020 is MIB1. I have a MK7 GTD (built in June 2013 and is a MY 2014 car) with Discover Pro Nav MIB1. Under system information on mine it shows 5G0035020B.

Are there any obvious/visual differences that distinguish between MIB1 and MIB2, specifically on Discover Pro can anyone confirm?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Are you sure it is MIB2? It says above that 020 is MIB1. I have a MK7 GTD (built in June 2013 and is a MY 2014 car) with Discover Pro Nav MIB1. Under system information on mine it shows 5G0035020B.

Are there any obvious/visual differences that distinguish between MIB1 and MIB2, specifically on Discover Pro can anyone confirm?

Mine is 3G00350020D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk