GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Jersh1

Mine are currently "Dispatched" but I don't have any other shipping information yet. So hopefully I will have them sometime next week and the JBale harness shortly after.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Ok, final question before I hit "order". Does it look weird to not have the rear fog lights in the space designated for it? I don't plan on ever running anything from the BCM to the tails just to have the rear fogs work but if it looks better to have them there, even if they are not functional, I will do that.

If there isn't a big difference in look, I'll just grab the non-fog versions and be done with it.

I went with the non-fogs, posted a picture of them in post #1451 if you want to check them out. I don't have them on the car yet but it looks like they just made the reverse section larger. I think it looks fine, I will never use rear fogs so that made my decision easier.

vandelay300

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm about to order the tails, but just want to make sure it comes with all the bulbs necessary, and if I can take my led reverse light out of my previous generation led tail lights.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't need any bulbs as far as I know.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I went with fogs on both sides. JBale suggested going that route even though I'm not running the rear fogs. Easier resale if I ever decide to get rid of them.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I went with the non-fogs, posted a picture of them in post #1451 if you want to check them out. I don't have them on the car yet but it looks like they just made the reverse section larger. I think it looks fine, I will never use rear fogs so that made my decision easier.

I went with fogs on both sides. JBale suggested going that route even though I'm not running the rear fogs. Easier resale if I ever decide to get rid of them.

Thanks for the input guys. Now I'm even more torn lol why would the resale be easier? Is it because you can sell to people in Europe as well as NA? Never thought of that as a factor...

I'm honestly never planning on wiring the rear fogs. Having the dealer throw in the euro switch plus fogs was enough of a pain. I just want to run Jbale's harness, plug in the lights, code, and be done.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the input guys. Now I'm even more torn lol why would the resale be easier? Is it because you can sell to people in Europe as well as NA? Never thought of that as a factor...

I'm honestly never planning on wiring the rear fogs. Having the dealer throw in the euro switch plus fogs was enough of a pain. I just want to run Jbale's harness, plug in the lights, code, and be done.
Why is this such a hard decision? Its not legally req in USA. I've only ever seen 1 vehicle with a rear fog and it was a mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I didn't get any fogs in them... looks great. If I ever move somewhere that has constant fog I will just enable the Scandinavian DRL's. If the rear backup LED is brighter in the non-fog version it's a bonus since my windows are tinted :D

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Because I'm awful at making decisions (hence why its taken me so long to order the damn lights to begin with!) lol

Better resale as in if the fog option is there, you can sell to all people and if they dont want to use the fogs they don't have to. Personally idc, living in the northeast we don't realy get fog so if I am selling locally I'm not really worried about others up here wanting fogs. You being in MA, pretty sure you would fall into the same boat as me. I also prefer the larger reverse light housing, probably will be more noticeable than if the fog was cutting into it. Just my 2 cents

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Better resale as in if the fog option is there, you can sell to all people and if they dont want to use the fogs they don't have to. Personally idc, living in the northeast we don't realy get fog so if I am selling locally I'm not really worried about others up here wanting fogs. You being in MA, pretty sure you would fall into the same boat as me. I also prefer the larger reverse light housing, probably will be more noticeable than if the fog was cutting into it. Just my 2 cents
No increase in resale value, it might make it. 0001% easier to sell

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
No increase in resale value, it might make it. 0001% easier to sell

I agree, just applies to a larger group of potential buyers. I would get what I want now though, not worry about who I am selling to later considering resale amount difference is negligible if at all.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I figure there is hardly a visual difference. I'm not going to wire the fogs, but the option is there.
Same price, might as well get the extra features :).

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
The fog/non-fog doesn't affect the reverse light at all, including its brightness. I have non-fogs, and the reverse light remains in its square housing (ie not using up the housing where the fog light would've been).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk