GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Sound upgrade dongle official rental thread!

kingowe

Got this dongle and programmed mine about a week ago. I echo the experience that it sounded good and more bass-y after install, but overall sound reproduction and clarity was definitely improved after programming, especially at higher volumes. Like it's been said, it won't win any competitions, especially any SPL comps, but is a great OEM+ mod.

Love the value of the helix and, really, it's probably the easiest install for improving bass like this. Definitely less complex than aftermarket sub and amp.

I've forwarded it on to the next person and got my deposit back. Thanks wy2sl0 for the seemless transaction and great experience!

kingowe

Oh, and also do this http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=448512.

The screw/bolt cost my $4.95 from the dealership and I've now got my spare and the helix under the trunk floor in the higher position. Even though I've never needed a spare in 17+ years of driving and thought I'd be ok driving aorund without one, I feel better knowing I have it in case I ever did need it! To me, $5 (CAD, lol) is a small price to pay for that kind of peace of mind.

TwoCans

Got the programming done, I have to say the effect was unexpectedly huge. I did expect the soundstage come back from the front of the car, but I didn't expect the increase in detail and imaging that came with it. Very, very pleased with the operation.

I was happy with the unprogrammed sound, but I'm ecstatic with the upgrade. The ~$35 to rent a dongle is peanuts compared to the benefit it provides.

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
HELIX PROGRAMMING DONGLE AVAILBLE FOR HIRE IN THE UK

Hi, I have just purchased the programming dongle from VW. Simple to use, and happy to hire out to anyone in the UK that requires it.

flea22

Hello guys, I got my dongle today, brand new, and when I put it in it flashes nF then 57 then 00 really fast. when it goes back to 00 I cant change the numbers or anything. Im lost. What am I missing here?

EDIT: resolved the problem, anyone in Australia in need of the dongle I will sell it for half the cost I paid for it. Also if your willing to drive to Traralgon, VIC. You can have the coding for free.

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry dude. You are up after one more.person. Thinking two weeks or so?