GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

paul_elstak

Passed Driver's Ed
All,

So this will be my first post in this thread after reading (scanning) all posts... al lot, but fun.

So first off all great news that this upgrade is possible since I really like the new tails and I can sell my current MK 7 LED tail:).

Basics are clear, parts, harness and coding.
- parts its clear for me, already ordered them via CAR245:)
- Coding should be doable, once I got them.
- Harness, apparently JBale don't make them for EU and only option is
from Audiamant.

265EUR for that harness looks a bit high (I guess) so I taught why not make it our self, I don't see any discussion about this yet.

We have
- 8 connectors (8 the same?-->1k8972928)
- some wires, 5 colors (20 awg = 0,5^2 flexible
- a bit of electronics, probably some resistors and capacitor

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170713/32f72d058e78bd90e5d14881bf3a9a89.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170620/6e7268dfab2d6117d98e5d944056a550.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170620/10b25ee171a0aa53c24732844960a4b6.jpg

So the last part is a bit uncertain so that would be the challenge, When I look at the picture of Crild it doesn't look very complicated right?

Anyone interested and have some additions?

KroniK25

Passed Driver's Ed
Spotted a GTI with 7.5 taillights on my way home from work today. They look way better in person than on the forums! I retract my "JDM" statement fully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my car in the picture :)

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Update to this: after days of emailing Cars245 back and forth, they said they'll cover the cost of a replacement + shipping it over to me.

Here's to another 2 weeks of waiting, and hopefully the replacement will be good. [/url]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Another update on the chipped light replacement from Cars245, if anyone's interested (in case the same thing happens to you):

On August 1st, they said they'll get the replacement formed and ordered, and they'll keep me updated with a tracking number in their 7-10 day processing time. I realized last night (August 10) that they haven't gotten back to me at all, and I've been too busy during the weekdays to remember to follow up like I did when I first bought the lights.

I emailed them last night for a follow-up, and they got back to me this morning:

"Sorry I found an error where the replacement was formed but wasn't ordered - I will make sure it is prepared asap.

Will send with express courier so it would arrive faster.

Should get a track within 5-7 business days."

Now, I'm not mad b/c I was impatient and installed the light with a chip last weekend anyway lol. But if I really couldn't/didn't want to install my current set, then I guess I'd be a bit annoyed at having to wait even longer to do the install.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Another update on the chipped light replacement from Cars245, if anyone's interested (in case the same thing happens to you):

On August 1st, they said they'll get the replacement formed and ordered, and they'll keep me updated with a tracking number in their 7-10 day processing time. I realized last night (August 10) that they haven't gotten back to me at all, and I've been too busy during the weekdays to remember to follow up like I did when I first bought the lights.

I emailed them last night for a follow-up, and they got back to me this morning:

"Sorry I found an error where the replacement was formed but wasn't ordered - I will make sure it is prepared asap.

Now, I'm not mad b/c I was impatient and installed the light with a chip last weekend anyway lol. But if I really couldn't/didn't want to install my current set, then I guess I'd be a bit annoyed at having to wait even longer to do the install.

That sucks, I'm surprised the chip even happened with all their packaging, maybe it occurred before they even sent them out. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

JBale

Ready to race!

That's funny, the same thing happened to me when I tried to order connectors from them...

This is the response I got after checking in two week after I sent payment.

"I apologize, I found an error - your payment got mixed up with others and the order wasn't formed automatically.

I will form it now. Handling time 5-8 business days + delivery 2-3 business days with dhl express - would this work for you? "

There is no doubt that E-acca has the superior customer service.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
That sucks, I'm surprised the chip even happened with all their packaging, maybe it occurred before they even sent them out. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it happened either during their packaging or when it was shipped to them.
That's funny, the same thing happened to me when I tried to order connectors from them...

"I apologize, I found an error - your payment got mixed up with others and the order wasn't formed automatically.

I will form it now. Handling time 5-8 business days + delivery 2-3 business days with dhl express - would this work for you? "

*facepalm* I love their "I hope they forget" tactic lol

king12sky

Ready to race!

Jeremy your not the only one. LOL! I got exactly the same response. They told me my lights should ship out on July28-31. Aug 1 i emailed them, they told me tracking will be updated that same day.

Guess what, Aug 7 i gotta ask for a tracking and they said its been shipped and gave me a tracking. I later found out they forgot about my lights till i asked about it. Actual shipping was Aug 8. :) AWESOME SERVICE!

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
OK has anyone experienced this. My EMS tracking says
0/08/2017 15:24 Arrived at destination import office John F. Kennedy Apt/New York
11/08/2017 09:14 Arrived at post office
11/08/2017 09:15 Arrived at post office
11/08/2017 11:53 Delivery attempted 63146

Does that mean they attempted to deliver it today? at my zipcode?

If thats the case that was quick my ship date was 07/08 so 4 days??

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
OK has anyone experienced this. My EMS tracking says
0/08/2017 15:24Arrived at destination import officeJohn F. Kennedy Apt/New York
11/08/2017 09:14Arrived at post office
11/08/2017 09:15Arrived at post office
11/08/2017 11:53Delivery attempted63146

Does that mean they attempted to deliver it today? at my zipcode?

If thats the case that was quick my ship date was 07/08 so 4 days??
Yup

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion