GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Shoot for $25k or lower.

on a DSG Sport?? I thought the MT's went for 24.5+, DSGs 25.5+, with obvious outliers getting notably abnormally good deals like sub-24 for an MT and sub-25 for a DSG.

Idk, you obviously know your shit when it comes to buying cars so from your perspective it might seem "easy," or whatever, to get a better price... But I have no idea how you do it lol.

I paid 17k for a 2015 S model DSG w/ 17k miles on March 31st, and you paid 18k for "new" TDI less than a month later. I grill myself daily specifically because of the deal you got, and how much more utilitarian a TDI wagon would be in my life than a GTI...

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
on a DSG Sport?? I thought the MT's went for 24.5+, DSGs 25.5+, with obvious outliers getting notably abnormally good deals like sub-24 for an MT and sub-25 for a DSG.

Idk, you obviously know your shit when it comes to buying cars so from your perspective it might seem "easy," or whatever, to get a better price... But I have no idea how you do it lol.

I paid 17k for a 2015 S model DSG w/ 17k miles on March 31st, and you paid 18k for "new" TDI less than a month later. I grill myself daily specifically because of the deal you got, and how much more utilitarian a TDI wagon would be in my life than a GTI...

TrueCar is $24,925 for DC on that car. DC area runs lower than the rest of the country due to the sheer volume of dealerships in the area (22 in a 50 mile radius). There's no magic involved. Just let them know you'll walk if you don't get what you want. In fact, don't even get that far. Do it all via email. That's way easier.

Can't make a deal with first dealer? Only 21 more to go. If you can't swing a great deal in DC you're just not trying:

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Also, Golfwang, the TDI was a rare bird. There were only a limited quantity of the new old stock rereleased. I think the dealers were so sick of having them on the lot for a year and a half that they wanted them gone, and they failed to anticipate the pent up demand for them early in that brief sales period. VW was kicking in a $5k rebate (and 0% 72 months and 162,000 mile/11 year warranty) and the dealer I bought from was offering an additional $3k off sticker. Deal of a lifetime, IMHO, but not a normal deal at all.

I did swing $6,200 off my GTI too. That was a 2016 model year end deal. I chalk that one up to starting off with the GM of sales at the dealer I went to. Never got stuck in the typical back and forth with the frontline sales twats. lol

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Hey folks. So after test driving a GTI this weekend, I've fallen in love and I think I'm ready to buy. Does this seem like a fair deal?

From a Virginia dealer:

GTI Sport w/ DSG: $26,099 before taxes and tags with 1.9% APR for 60 months.

I picked up my Sport DSG last Wednesday for 28,600 out the door. This is in So Cal.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Can you let me know which dealer is it in SoCal? And do you have the price before all the fees and tax? Trying to find a decent deal on SE. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from Parkway in Valencia. I can't remember exactly what the price was before all the fees. It was in the low 26k.

AK66

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody! First post. Central Jersey. I got my CGS GTI Sport DSG a month ago. Car price $26,150 incl. destination, with taxes and fees 28,650. 0.9% x 72 mo financing, and the dealer threw in Gap insurance.
I know, this is not as good as some people posted in DC area, but that was the best I could do locally.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hi everybody! First post. Central Jersey. I got my CGS GTI Sport DSG a month ago. Car price $26,150 incl. destination, with taxes and fees 28,650. 0.9% x 72 mo financing, and the dealer threw in Gap insurance.
I know, this is not as good as some people posted in DC area, but that was the best I could do locally.

which dealership?

AK66

Passed Driver's Ed
Those people also aren't getting 0.9% for 72 months. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Interest on $26k loan of 0.9% vs 2.9% over 72 months is a good chunk of change. Nice job.

Thanks. Yes, I know about that, also the fineprint about "for local residents only" thing. No free lunch..
Forgot to add that the whole deal was negotiated online and over the phone, and the car was delivered to my house. The entire delivery process took about 30 min, instead of many exhausting hours at the dealership.

KevinGTI

I just got offered $25,705 +$80 doc fee and tax (I'm registering the car afterwards in another state, as I'm military) on a base MT SE . Only catch is I have to finance at the "standard rate" and can't pay off the loan for 4 months.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a great deal, especially in the SF Bay area?

Also, I haven't brought the Partner program up to the dealer at all yet, so that offer is without it. Is there any reason at all that I can't surprise them with it once I go to sign the paperwork and get another $500 off?

Thanks

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Is there any reason at all that I can't surprise them with it once I go to sign the paperwork and get another $500 off?

You can do that, BUT I'd do it before they actually type up the paperwork.
Mention it last minute, but not after they type it

That'd be an inconvenience for both of you then (you wait longer & they have to redo it all)

o'bluetouring

I just got offered $25,705 +$80 doc fee and tax (I'm registering the car afterwards in another state, as I'm military) on a base MT SE . Only catch is I have to finance at the "standard rate" and can't pay off the loan for 4 months.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a great deal, especially in the SF Bay area?

Also, I haven't brought the Partner program up to the dealer at all yet, so that offer is without it. Is there any reason at all that I can't surprise them with it once I go to sign the paperwork and get another $500 off?

Thanks

That's a good deal IMO for Cali. The quote I got from dealerships in LA so far (haven't try hard yet) is $30,500 for SE DSG before fees and TTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebastian1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys,

I have been reading and gathering a lot of information on this forum. It's amazing to see how much insight you could get from other VW owners.

I had been in the market for a 2017 VW Golf R for the past few months. I am from the pacific northwest area . I was able to narrow down the deal with a dealership in Utah for a 2017 R Manual wDCC/Nav (Oryx White). Considering these are rare, this is the best I could find. I had to put a higher down payment to reduce my MF. and they do not do MSDs.Let me know what you guys think.

MSRP: $40615
Selling Price: $38615
Residual : 61%
MF: 0.0027650
15K Miles/ 36 Months
Acquisition Fee: $625
Down: $3000
Monthly Payment: $547
VW Care and GAS n Go(Lease Wear and Tear Protection): $1114.95

Since I am an international recent college graduate who's still on his student Visa, I was quoted higher money factors from VW Credit (Leasing Programs for Foreign Business Professionals). Even though i have great credit, I don't qualify for the Tier 1 credit because of my International Status.