GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I'm ready for some sound clips from you guys.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah what's it sound like !

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I'm ready for some sound clips from you guys.
Well I forgot to take a before clip. But I'm headed to a friend's in a little bit so I'll try to have him take a couple of my catted resonated w/ oem catback. Be warned my car is filthy because forsyth county water has banned washing vehicles (with steep fines if caught). Funny how it rains damn near every day, but they jack the rates and claim water shortage.

Back on topic...I'm also hoping to get together in the next couple weeks with a local member who got the catted non-resonated pipe so we can compare and take some clips of his vs mine. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah what's it sound like !
I only ran it long enough to come down off the ramps, since I still need to flash stage 2 before taking her out for a spin. Cold start in the garage sounded nice. OEM+ is probably the best way to describe it. Just a little bit louder/more raw than stock. Which is what I was going for with the resonator. :) Be interesting to see what it sounds like under throttle. And I'll probably need to code the soundaktor off with obdeleven. Stock is too quiet so I left it on.

Mattism78

Ready to race!
The problem with sound clips is most of us aren't going to use a proper recording device and depending on where you host it, that will further degrade the quality of the sound clip.

I drove mine a little today and I like it. A little louder (Catted version) but nothing obnoxious. I commute for work and can't stand obnoxious sounding vehicles. I'll know more tomorrow with my commute but so far I'm good without getting the additional resonator.

Now it's time to start saving for FMIC and clutch.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
So after flashing stage 2 and letting her warm up a bit, I'm in love all over again. Definitely louder than stock but not obnoxiously so. It really wakes up around 2700-2800 rpms under medium throttle. And the DSG farts almost every time now even under light throttle, if you're into that sort of thing (I am, lol). I even get a little bit of pops and burbles on decel now. No drone at cruising speeds up to 80. Didn't take it much higher due to cops and abnormal Sunday traffic on the ga400.

The wife was using the dslr so I had my buddy take a quick cell phone video. First youtube upload ever, so be gentle. I'm no Deviation01 aka Rev n Step. [emoji14]

https://youtu.be/QeOLqcHFefg

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
So after flashing stage 2 and letting her warm up a bit, I'm in love all over again. Definitely louder than stock but not obnoxiously so. It really wakes up around 2700-2800 rpms under medium throttle. And the DSG farts almost every time now even under light throttle, if you're into that sort of thing (I am, lol). I even get a little bit of pops and burbles on decel now. No drone at cruising speeds up to 80. Didn't take it much higher due to cops and abnormal Sunday traffic on the ga400.

The wife was using the dslr so I had my buddy take a quick cell phone video. First youtube upload ever, so be gentle. I'm no Deviation01 aka Rev n Step. [emoji14]

https://youtu.be/QeOLqcHFefg

Very cool!

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Did you try it without the spacer? I'm thinking of getting this dp with gesi cat and resonator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the dp today. I'll probably install it this weekend.

Mattism78

Ready to race!
I just did my 40 mile commute to work and noticed mid-way that my CEL came on even with the O2 Spacer from Amazon. Not a huge deal since the car will be tuned at some point. I have the catted version and there is definitely an increase in sound but it's not unbearable. At 80mph it's not much different, just mainly under accel can I hear a more pronounced tone. I prefer the completely quiet approach but honestly it's mild enough that I don't know if it's worth spending the extra money on getting a resonator welded in. Especially when that money can go towards intercooler, clutch, and IS38.

Status
Not open for further replies.