GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

kdub808

Ready to race!
The MOAR progress report... (This is taking me a long time)

I picked up some plug/unplug clips from my local hardware store for a cleaner connection and the convenience of being able to easily separate them later if needed :

Mid mess (still need to run wires through trim) :

Tails view in daylight (Off) :

Despite being wired up correctly (I hope), without coding, the lights are, indeed... all sorts of phucked :
https://youtu.be/XX6QVR_86Dg

As long as I don't use the blinkers I can actually drive it though. [emoji53]

Brake light and running lights are both on without coding while lights are on.

*Edit :
I switched the grey and green wires back I had swapped workout thinking maybe they were supposed to be that way (because the lights were not fully wired to begin with) and I just need to code, there was no change in running and brake operation and blinkers are still all messed up, but now I have this :

https://youtu.be/NCaV5hzUOYE

I didn't get that error before when I flipped the wires. I'm really hoping coding will fix all this. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H22hatch

Ready to race!
@H22hatch and @Jbale

Do either of you guys have the final coding for these tails? Hatch, I think it was you that out together an Excel sheet right? I have a pic of it but it's barely readable. Would you happen to have a link to the document? Pre-thanks!

[emoji1360][emoji481]

Oh, I got instructions from Audiament... To call them [emoji23]

That honestly irritates the shit out of me. By now they should just be providing the coding instructions to everyone that orders the adapters. I'm just salty about the way they do business. It's not right to have to wait around and get coded at their convenience.

Even though mine work fine I'm going to be pulling them out over the next week or so and selling them. And getting a set of the harness from jbale. That guy is an honest standup guy that really just wants to help the community.

But to answer your question, yes I can send you the spreadsheet, just need your email address.

kdub808

Ready to race!
That honestly irritates the shit out of me. By now they should just be providing the coding instructions to everyone that orders the adapters. I'm just salty about the way they do business. It's not right to have to wait around and get coded at their convenience.

Even though mine work fine I'm going to be pulling them out over the next week or so and selling them. And getting a set of the harness from jbale. That guy is an honest standup guy that really just wants to help the community.

But to answer your question, yes I can send you the spreadsheet, just need your email address.

Awesome, thanks! I'll PM it over to you now.

Ya I feel the same way. (Even though I bought them off eBay) It's phucking antiquated to expect customers to download, install, and configure a VPN so you can tunnel into their computer to take control of it to code their lights in a time zone where there is probably a 10 hour difference. [emoji849]

I'll give them credit for offering the service to help people do it though.

Last edited:

kdub808

Ready to race!
H22hatch said:

@H22hatch, I had coded my Euro LED tails before this. Do you know if I have to set the coding back to stock before applying the new tails coding? ...or can I just go straight from one to the other?

My guess is going from one to the other is fine without reverting as long as anything you set for the euro LED that isn't going to be changed by the new 7.5 tails is set back to stock (If that makes sense).

H22hatch

Ready to race!
@H22hatch, I had coded my Euro LED tails before this. Do you know if I have to set the coding back to stock before applying the new tails coding? ...or can I just go straight from one to the other?

My guess is going from one to the other is fine without reverting as long as anything you set for the euro LED that isn't going to be changed by the new 7.5 tails is set back to stock (If that makes sense).

Others would know better than me but my understanding is that you may be about 80% there.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Ordered Tails on 07/02 from cars245. Just got a shipping update, only two states away. Will post pictures of packaging and the lights themselves!

kdub808

Ready to race!
Nsknick said:
Ordered Tails on 07/02 from cars245. Just got a shipping update, only two states away. Will post pictures of packaging and the lights themselves!

Mine were rediculosly well packed...

[emoji1360]

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Good news from e-acca. Now to figure out what to do with this set....

Dear Kaab,

I'm here with the great news for you!

Both missing tail light pieces have arrived today!

We will pack and ship your order tomorrow and will update your tracking details, as soon as the order is shipped.

Hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Natalja

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so this has probably been answered by I don't feel like going through 70 pages of the thread to find it.

What is the consensus on the R dynamic LED taillights in the US in terms of legality? I'm sure the regular ones are fine but is the tint on the R tails dark enough where they would not be considered DOT compliant?

Love the way the darker ones look but don't want to deal with getting pulled over for stupid tickets.