GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Just wanted to confirm I got the right springs for my car: 2017 GTI Sport, DSG, 4 door, no DCC

071 675 B and 071 676 C

Thanks!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just wanted to confirm I got the right springs for my car: 2017 GTI Sport, DSG, 4 door, no DCC

071 675 B and 071 676 C

Thanks!

I think that you should have gone with a set of 5G4071677E. They're on my list for my 2016 GTI.

I believe that the last few posts from user "Figgy" are referring to a different model Golf. And he is in Ireland.

Where did you order from? I thought that the "E" model springs were the only ones sold stateside.

071 675 B and 071 676 C are not the kit part numbers. These are the 'part numbers'
of the corresponding springs which are part of the/a kit. Kit part numbers start with
'5G' since they are designed for the Mk.7 Golf (for which the internal codes are both
'5G' and 'AU'), while the 'spring part numbers' that are printed on each spring start
with 'MUB' (for Mubea who is the manufacturer). See the picture below and you'll
realize that 'MUB 071 675 B' and 'MUB 071 676 C' are part of the '5G4 071 677 E' kit,
which is the only DG kit available in the US anyway. ;)

Figgy, to be honest I'm wondering about your confusion. If I remember correctly we
had the exact same discussion some time ago. Didn't you already try 'IRS springs'
on your 'torsion beam Golf'? Didn't you already experience an odd rake due to these
wrong springs? Didn't I already tell you which kit would have been the right one at
that time? Obviously there are dedicated springs existent for your Golf because it is
no less than mandatory to use the correct ones, since torsion beam axle Golfs need
shorter springs than 'IRS Golfs':

;)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I knew you'd jump in and clarify (again). Cheers BB.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
071 675 B and 071 676 C are not the kit part numbers. These are the 'part numbers'
of the corresponding springs which are part of the/a kit. Kit part numbers start with
'5G' since they are designed for the Mk.7 Golf (for which the internal codes are both
'5G' and 'AU'), while the 'spring part numbers' that are printed on each spring start
with 'MUB' (for Mubea who is the manufacturer). See the picture below and you'll
realize that 'MUB 071 675 B' and 'MUB 071 676 C' are part of the '5G4 071 677 E' kit,

;)

Yup that's exactly what I was trying to confirm. I bought the 5G4071 677 E kit from someone. The kit number is listed on the box, but I just wanted to make sure that the Mubea numbers printed on the actual springs were legit. Can't be too careful buying things from strangers. Plus I was a little concerned over the 890kg vs 950kg spec for the MUB 071 676 C springs not matching up properly. But I eventually found out that this is a ROW vs NA thing?? Is that correct?

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yup that's exactly what I was trying to confirm. I bought the 5G4071 677 E kit from someone. The kit number is listed on the box, but I just wanted to make sure that the Mubea numbers printed on the actual springs were legit. Can't be too careful buying things from strangers.

Well had you said that earlier...

Good discussion though.

figgy1

Ready to race!

Figgy, to be honest I'm wondering about your confusion. If I remember correctly we
had the exact same discussion some time ago. Didn't you already try 'IRS springs'
on your 'torsion beam Golf'? Didn't you already experience an odd rake due to these
wrong springs? Didn't I already tell you which kit would have been the right one at
that time? Obviously there are dedicated springs existent for your Golf because it is
no less than mandatory to use the correct ones, since torsion beam axle Golfs need
shorter springs than 'IRS Golfs':

Yeah I hear you loud and clear trust me breaking badly. I'm gonna call the service dept to see if they can tell me what the actual MUB part numbers are on the spring kits before I purchase. If they can guarantee the correct PNs as per TUV spec sheet then I should be good to go. Thanks again for all your help.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Some of yall may have seen my name hop everywhere in the forums asking about springs, but tonight I finally pulled the trigger and confidently ordered some DG Springs after much debate. Should be in this week and will install them end of next week.

MIXMAN31131

Springs

Some of yall may have seen my name hop everywhere in the forums asking about springs, but tonight I finally pulled the trigger and confidently ordered some DG Springs after much debate. Should be in this week and will install them end of next week.

Can you keep us updated once they are installed please? I am looking to lower my mk7 Golf TDI and of course need a comfy ride. Pics would be appreciated once complete.

On a side note, NA spec Golf TDI = torsion beam rear axle.
From what I remember DGs for torsion beam are hard to obtain in the US.

anjoVW

Ready to race!