GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I picked up a new GSW 4motion 6speed this week and my JB4 is on the way. I've read through most of this thread but I was wondering if anyone had a list of settings to start with on Map 6. I'll be stock other than the tune running 93 pump gas. I'll probably go IS20 with a downpipe a year or two down the road but it would be great to get 17-20psi on 93 with a stock engine. Any advice for starting out?

20 psi would be a stretch on just 93 and all stock. I have run a 20 psi map and it ran great in the colder weather but it has been getting warmer here and it was 85 the other day and on my way to work I got an EPC light and threw the car into limp mode. LOL I got cylinder misfire codes. You will have to run some E85 mixed in with the 93 to hit the higher boost settings, about 1.5 to 2.5 gallons or so per tank but it is worth it. When you get it installed run map 2 and log it. Send the log to george to make sure everything looks good and he will get you on your way for map 6 settings. You will enjoy the 4motion traction. I have the 4motion DSG and when it was cold enough to run 20psi it would launch like a beast with launch control. LOL Still launches hard with 16 to 17 psi.

adamk24

20 psi would be a stretch on just 93 and all stock. I have run a 20 psi map and it ran great in the colder weather but it has been getting warmer here and it was 85 the other day and on my way to work I got an EPC light and threw the car into limp mode. LOL I got cylinder misfire codes. You will have to run some E85 mixed in with the 93 to hit the higher boost settings, about 1.5 to 2.5 gallons or so per tank but it is worth it. When you get it installed run map 2 and log it. Send the log to george to make sure everything looks good and he will get you on your way for map 6 settings. You will enjoy the 4motion traction. I have the 4motion DSG and when it was cold enough to run 20psi it would launch like a beast with launch control. LOL Still launches hard with 16 to 17 psi.
Awesome, thanks man! My other car right now is a 400whp STI so I don't need the golf to be that crazy but I think it will be a really fun multipurpose car with a few tweaks. My first VW too!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Question for those knowledgeable about reading logs:
What should I be looking for? I see words like "timing being pulled", but what does that actually mean. Ok, I know what it means in the generic sense, but for the 1.8t what should numbers are desired, and what are bad?
What else should I be looking out for.

Thanks!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Question for those knowledgeable about reading logs:
What should I be looking for? I see words like "timing being pulled", but what does that actually mean. Ok, I know what it means in the generic sense, but for the 1.8t what should numbers are desired, and what are bad?
What else should I be looking out for.

Thanks!

Do a map 4 log and see what Ign1 looks like. Also look at ign2-5. They are individual cylinder corrections for cylinders 1-4. Ign 1 should advance during the rpm increase to 18-18.5 above 6,000

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

abracadabra1

Passed Driver's Ed
Do a map 4 log and see what Ign1 looks like. Also look at ign2-5. They are individual cylinder corrections for cylinders 1-4. Ign 1 should advance during the rpm increase to 18-18.5 above 6,000
Is there a guide on what each of the different parameters means and approximate values (i.e. stock, +jb1, +jb1, +jb4, etc)?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Akward. Ya i'm runn 11' timing my bad.

What other mods do you have other than the JB4 and the IS20? If that is all you have then that is not too bad. Twindad said that his timing dropped like a rock at 20psi before he put the down pipe on. At 20psi with the IS12 my timing is zero down low and does not get past 5 until the boost starts coming down.