GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
The 4000 RPM hp for the 316 run is stage 2 GTI level. The power curve looks healthy everywhere.

Anybody know what size catback he was running?

He has a CTS downpipe and Circuitwerks catback. Used to be a full CW, but I think something happened to the downpipe

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
He has a CTS downpipe and Circuitwerks catback. Used to be a full CW, but I think something happened to the downpipe

Also wondering if he upgraded his plugs yet? I'm thinking about upgrading mine here soon. RS7's seem to be the logical choice.

MikeF1021

Ready to race!
My is20 arrives at gpopshop tomorrow!

Hoping to join the 1.8t JB4/IS20/DP club in no less than 3 weeks.

I'm planning on trying my best to preserve the clutch for as long as possible, so I'll be running a pretty conservative map6 until I start slipping.

Nonetheless, I think I'll have to do a dyno run with the conservative settings, just for curiosity sake!

I'll keep you guys posted; thanks for all the contributions here!

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
Wow is right! If you can get hold of the graph, type of dyno, and logs if possible, it would be awesome to have posted here. A definitive mod list, fuel used etc. would be awesome. It sounded like E85 mix and DP from what you posted before. I am assuming these are crank numbers? If so, we'll have to see what correction factor/drive train loss % was used to get to these numbers.

If we reverse engineer using APR's 1.8 stage II numbers from here:
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_gen3_mqb.html
Then we are looking at something like the following:
whp = 316 * 0.914 = 288 whp
wtq = 361 * 0.931 = 336 wtq

Edit: had the post up for a while before I posted. Looks like the mods are about what I expected.

Its whp not crank numbers.

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
I remember when I first started going over logs with him and had to tell him to stop. Lol. His first attempts were running a little lean until we got the FOL figured out. So far it's been working good other than the one overboost that I got. Hasn't happened again though. Thanks for all of your help George. It always amazes me how quickly you respond to emails.
John

what FOL is Chris running?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
what FOL is Chris running?

70. I've been running it for a few weeks now with no problems. When Chris moved to it his trims went down just like mine. Chuck is also running 70 and is pushing the same boost settings as Chris. Give it a try and let me know how it works out. Love your wagon

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I have been running 70 FOL @18 PSI for a couple days with +2 gallon E85 mix (IS20). Car feels great. Will report back with more findings as I do more testing.

Its whp not crank numbers.

Yeah, was answered and acknowledged already. Unitronic gives their dyno sheet numbers at the the crank, so I had to ask before it was officially posted! So, let's now do the math the other direction, again using APR's ratios.

These numbers are insane, LOL:
chp = 316 / 0.914 = 345 chp
ctq = 361 / 0.931 = 387 ctq

stock plugs

Interesting, where did you see this posted? TwinDad, can you confirm?

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
My is20 arrives at gpopshop tomorrow!

Hoping to join the 1.8t JB4/IS20/DP club in no less than 3 weeks.

I'm planning on trying my best to preserve the clutch for as long as possible, so I'll be running a pretty conservative map6 until I start slipping.

Nonetheless, I think I'll have to do a dyno run with the conservative settings, just for curiosity sake!

I'll keep you guys posted; thanks for all the contributions here!

Another one down! Keep us posted.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Anyone can look him up on the Facebook international group. Chris Dye or on IG as CaptainTrembles. I've never met him in person, but one day we will get a beer together. I do believe he is still running stock spec plugs, but put in a new set

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Anyone can look him up on the Facebook international group. Chris Dye or on IG as CaptainTrembles. I've never met him in person, but one day we will get a beer together. I do believe he is still running stock spec plugs, but put in a new set

Thanks! So it is "Chris Dye, the IS20 guy"...sorry couldn't resist (even though I can't stand Bill Nye lol)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
A question for those of you using ethanol, why does everyone only put a few gallons at most into their tanks? What are the downsides of using more or even pure e85?

adamk24

I picked up a new GSW 4motion 6speed this week and my JB4 is on the way. I've read through most of this thread but I was wondering if anyone had a list of settings to start with on Map 6. I'll be stock other than the tune running 93 pump gas. I'll probably go IS20 with a downpipe a year or two down the road but it would be great to get 17-20psi on 93 with a stock engine. Any advice for starting out?