GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Maybe I got a dud clamp then. Could never get it tight enough, it would start to get tight then you could feel the screw lose its grip on the band.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine tightened down and didn't pop at all. Once I got both bands on and tight I pulled on the hose a bit to see if there was any slippage and they didn't move, so I would assume mine are good to go then.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Mine tightened down and didn't pop at all. Once I got both bands on and tight I pulled on the hose a bit to see if there was any slippage and they didn't move, so I would assume mine are good to go then.

Sounds like you should be fine then.

Just got back from a week in the UK for work. Good lord they have way better cars over there than offered in the states. Nearly blew my load in front of my boss when a scirocco R came flying up next to us on the highway.

Mmm Scirocco R.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I would think so, but I'll keep an eye on it just in case. Thanks for the head's up.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Man why are race pads so damn expensive. Just spent $340 for carbotech xp10 for the stoptech st40 kit and xp8 for the rears. I hope they last through the end of the season. Hoping these RS3's make it to the end of the season as well. Last year I ran Rival-S tires and they corded after only 4 track days. Tough pill to swallow buying multiple sets of tires in one season. Ugh I need a different hobby.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Man why are race pads so damn expensive. Just spent $340 for carbotech xp10 for the stoptech st40 kit and xp8 for the rears. I hope they last through the end of the season. Hoping these RS3's make it to the end of the season as well. Last year I ran Rival-S tires and they corded after only 4 track days. Tough pill to swallow buying multiple sets of tires in one season. Ugh I need a different hobby.
Lol ouch that racecar life!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I'd like to just find some pads that perform well but don't make my wheels turn brown from normal driving. The stock PP pads are some of the worst dusting pads I've ever had. My MK6 was never this bad and I assume it had OEM pads since I bought it at 20K something miles and never changed them.

Dropping the MK7 off Friday before work to have my plate holes filled and bumper resprayed from when my mom backed into my car. I've photoshopped the front plate out a few times and the car looks so much better without it.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link. A lot of mixed reviews on fitment in the caliper and it seems like the Duralasts are the consistent winner. Seems kind of weird to put Autozone brake pads on my car but they seem to review well.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
multispoke wheels are the devil. Picked up some CG diablo wheel gel to try. Iron X works great but it's a little pricey to be my go to weekly wheel cleaner.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the link. A lot of mixed reviews on fitment in the caliper and it seems like the Duralasts are the consistent winner. Seems kind of weird to put Autozone brake pads on my car but they seem to review well.

No problem, glad it helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Sure am glad I washed the car last night before that typhoon hit. I think it rained hard enough that the worlds largest bird shit I drove into would have come right off.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
multispoke wheels are the devil. Picked up some CG diablo wheel gel to try. Iron X works great but it's a little pricey to be my go to weekly wheel cleaner.

The Diablo stuff is great. I bought the $70 Chemical Guys kit/bucket at Cosco and it came with a bottle of it. You don't need as much as you may think!

I also wax my wheels and they consistently look pretty decent, even after weeks of not being washed.