GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking about bailing on my cars245 order and going with a Neuspeed catback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Let my know how you like that system if you end up getting it. Although I have already ordered the Remus I would still like to hear your thoughts on the Neuspeed catback.

Positively thinking, I hope cars245 comes through with your order.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I passed on the cars245 comments to e-acca. Let's see what they come back with.

E-acca said this, as expected...

--
Thank you for sharing this info with us. Our suppliers provide the same information, so there's still a hope that we'll get those silencers!
--

I'm thinking that my threshold is the end of next week...

Nrappa

Ready to race!
Ok so I know this thread is a little old but.. does anyone know where I can order a CSS exhaust besides on cars245? They don't have any on supply rn and they don't know when they'll get more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vincenz

Ready to race!
What a sh*tty situation overall. It's gone from pending to unknown now, all with money in their pockets already.

At the end of the day I wouldn't cry over CSS. Remus has more tip options,and fitment should be perfect as they are oem suppliers and have cad drawings from VW.

The only thing CSS has going for it is the price. If you're willing to spend a little more though, you can get higher quality sound from a Remus system. CSS sounds like a bunch of mice compared to Remus, to be honest.

are you all being charged already? or is your money in a PayPal hold until it finally ships?

I used PayPal Credit and I was already charged. I'm guessing it's the same for others who used credit cards.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes. Same for me. Used credit card via PayPal. They are sitting on the $.

Remus isn't that much more than CSS, if you don't opt for the Remus tips, and factor in the CSS shipping.

It's a solid backup plan.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Surprised more people aren't just going for the CS option. I know we are yet to hear one with this configuration. But with the information we have it seems like it will get a similar if not the same outcome on a GTI with its larger diameter pipe and different res.
if I can source a GTI midpipe with res as a throwaway I'll do it myself and post the results.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
cars245 was great to me, I pulled the trigger right away though. Just looks like they were flooded with orders and didnt list it as "out of stock" thats a terrible way to do business.

Yay! 1/5 with this mod stateside, rare as fuck :D
I have one too....

I think the 5 you see in that poll are those who voted that first. I can't change my vote but I ordered one and got one from the second batch. It is on the car and sounding great.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So what is the total count of us with CSS mufflers. Poll says 5, but those who ordered and DID get one cannot change their vote, me for example. It would be novel, and cool, to get a total count I think.

So 5 + me = 6

But I know that others got there's on the second/last shipment around the same time I did. How many of us was that? Another 5? S0 are there 10 of us total?

LJK

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't get the email, i shot them an email to check, but i'm sure i'm in the same boat.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Made a new thread to find out who got what guys!!! I made a poll option for U.S. market and non-U.S. market.

I'm interested as well.

But I also thinking you guys are rubbing it in...just a little bit...

[emoji12]

lol

Glad you love it! :)

Remus has more tip options
Most of those interested in the CSS muffler want that OEM look.
That said, if you really prefer different tips, the tips of your choice
are fitted in 10 minutes. So what's the point?

If you're willing to spend a little more though, you can get higher quality sound from a Remus system. CSS sounds like a bunch of mice compared to Remus, to be honest.
What is a 'higher quality sound'? :confused:
Did you even hear any of them in the flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.