GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 1/4 mile

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Well...without wheel hop, it's wheel spin. At least with "launch control" on. You've still gotta feather it quite a bit until the top of second. At least you do with jb1 power levels and stock tires, so I would assume it's even worse at full stage 1 93.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Well...without wheel hop, it's wheel spin. At least with "launch control" on. You've still gotta feather it quite a bit until the top of second. At least you do with jb1 power levels and stock tires, so I would assume it's even worse at full stage 1 93.
Stock (A/S p7's) or summer MPSS is the same squat from the dig when you have a tune. That right foot control is the key though.
manual trans?
DSG [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

RedShft

Passed Driver's Ed

True. I don't mind negotiating wheel spin. The violent hopping just takes the fun out of it.

rejectri

Ready to race!
yea ive even have had some traction issues where I do a 500ft burnout and my car thinks its going 100MPH (because wheels just keep spinning)...... dont use stock launch control with anything above 230HP your car will go crazy.

Even with feathering the launch these things have mounds of tq tuned, i have no idea how anybody pulls under a 2.00 60'ft on stock tires

I want to go up to the track again this year but I feel like something will snap, any axle upgrades for us? Or just stiffen the suspension

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Your not going to snap an axle just from torque and drag radials or slicks, especially with a dsg. Unless you are talking about wheel hop- that could certainly break something sooner or later.

SoSteezy

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you guys think a GTI would run with a nice set of performance tires like PSS and stage 1 power?

Maybe mid 12's? or is that too ambitious lol?

I always see people comment about how much nicer new tires are, but they never talk about the effect on acceleration.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
High 12s with better motor mounts, tires would help too, but mounts are required

Without a true drag slick or radial you're not gonna cut 1.XX 60ft in a gti. Driver mod and mounts plus any "street" tire (DW, PSS, Indy 500) 2.0 60ft is good and will get a Stage1 or 2 gti in the 12s

lotech

Passed Driver's Ed

The JB4 boost by gear can help with gears 1-3 for guys not wanting to modulate the gas pedal as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigsix

Ready to race!
my 60ft. sucked with bad wheelhop and engine would rev at redline in second and not shift for what seemed like a second. 2.3 60ft with a best of 13.05@109mph. pretty sad for a fbo stage2 93 apr with tcu tune. there was a 30mph headwind today and a audi s3 with mods only ran a 12.9 @109mph. an rx7 pulled his shute and the wind put his car in the wall!

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Good stuff! I went 13.6 at 105/6 with same 60' times. I'll need to go as soon as the track opens up in about a week or so while the temps are still doable.

Just a quick update: ran a 13.1 at 107.96 on stock P7 A/S tires with a 2.1 60' time the other day. No launch - D mode all the way!

OP, thanks for the motivation :D

Apr stage 1 here.