GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

MattB1

Ready to race!
I guess I'll share the part numbers and research for facelift tail lights. ;)

LED with dynamic turn signals:

Left outer - 5G0945207G
Right outer - 5G0945208G
Left inner - 5G0945307P
Right inner - 5G0945308P

There is a set of these on ebay.de right now, the four parts are listed separately, same seller...

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
This is exactly what I am looking for, thanks! I have a '17 so I should be good with the dynamic signals.. Just deciding if I want them & fogs or not.

So both versions are amber turn signals? Also do you mind posting a link to the German forum, not having any luck finding it.

Here's the link: http://www.golf7gti.com/topic.php?t=7651&page=14&fup=203214#real203214

Good luck connecting this to the nonFL mk7 :(

Thanks for posting that! Looking at the connectors from the ones currently on Ebay and the ones you posted, it looks as if the connectors are in fact different.

There will be a harness made in no time for the non dynamic turn signal versions and I'm sure you could source the parts pretty easily. The new Passat facelift tail lights look like they use similar connectors, if not the same one, so its just a matter of taking the plunge and testing it out.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Looks like we might need to wait for DAP or someone to make an adapter again.. definitely interested, I think these look better than the current OEM LED tails IMO. I was hoping to get a jump on this but it looks like I might be a little too early haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's the link:

Thanks for posting that! Looking at the connectors from the ones currently on Ebay and the ones you posted, it looks as if the connectors are in fact different.

There will be a harness made in no time for the non dynamic turn signal versions and I'm sure you could source the parts pretty easily. The new Passat facelift tail lights look like they use similar connectors, if not the same one, so its just a matter of taking the plunge and testing it out.

No problem at all! I'm also hoping there will be some extension to make this work on the non facelift models.

Is this out of the new 7.5/facelift?
Yes, friend of mine works at the dealership and it's from the 7.5 Highline with the dynamic turn signals.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I actually really like the dynamic tails. The original Mk7 leds look ok but not $900 ok. These on the other hand might be worth it! I wonder if MY15 cars will allow retrofits of dynamic turns!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
There is a set of these on ebay.de right now, the four parts are listed separately, same seller...

Just saw that. The prices totaled to 405.72 Euros (w/o shipping) for the 4 pieces.

It's actually not bad, though the pieces have this description: “Neu mit Lagerspuren, Schmutz und leichte Kratzer können vorhanden sein.”

Per google translate "New with bearing tracks, dirt and slight scratches can be present."

I actually really like the dynamic tails. The original Mk7 leds look ok but not $900 ok. These on the other hand might be worth it! I wonder if MY15 cars will allow retrofits of dynamic turns!

They can be had for less than that. You can buy the European OEM LED tail lights for 400-500$, then pick up a set of BEC adapter harness for another $100~

I got mine for $525 with the harness from BEC (Euro cherry, not the chinese cherry red) . My set had some blemishes from shipping which is why it was slightly cheaper, but it isn't really noticeable and can be polished until perfect. http://i.imgur.com/VukGBDg.jpg

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
It's actually not bad, though the pieces have this description: “Neu mit Lagerspuren, Schmutz und leichte Kratzer können vorhanden sein.”

Per google translate "New with bearing tracks, dirt and slight scratches can be present."

Two of the lights look new. One of them (I think the right outer) has a chip on the corner and a scratch down the middle of the lense. One of the other ones has a small nick in them, not the end of the world. I think it's a good price, but considering I haven't even hit my first oil change yet, I'm hesitant to get these.. I find it pretty difficult to scratch/damage rear lights unless in an accident so I wouldn't mind paying for new ones. Headlights are a different story considering all the debris that hits them over time. Then again we need an adapter!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Yep! I'd at least wait for someone else to retrofit it before jumping the gun. Save you all the trouble he may or may not have :)

Two of the lights look new. One of them (I think the right outer) has a chip on the corner and a scratch down the middle of the lense. One of the other ones has a small nick in them, not the end of the world. I think it's a good price, but considering I haven't even hit my first oil change yet, I'm hesitant to get these.. I find it pretty difficult to scratch/damage rear lights unless in an accident so I wouldn't mind paying for new ones. Headlights are a different story considering all the debris that hits them over time. Then again we need an adapter!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Just saw that. The prices totaled to 405.72 Euros (w/o shipping) for the 4 pieces.

They can be had for less than that. You can buy the European OEM LED tail lights for 400-500$, then pick up a set of BEC adapter harness for another $100~

I got mine for $525 with the harness from BEC (Euro cherry, not the chinese cherry red) . My set had some blemishes from shipping which is why it was slightly cheaper, but it isn't really noticeable and can be polished until perfect. http://i.imgur.com/VukGBDg.jpg

I want the darker not a fan of the cherry. I have Silk Blue metallic so the darker looks better!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
I'm contemplating buying the OEM Euro LED tails for my 16... now hmmm maybe I'll just wait and see if a harness is produced soon and everything works out well with the facelifted tail lights. B/c that sequential led turn signal is so clean looking... I love the look on the new A4.