GOLFMKV

Sach's clutch questions

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm.....not sure which one to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Why? My master mechanic said it's not needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
It's not needed but there have been plenty of leaks reported so it's recommended to upgrade it while you're in there. $100 well spent imo

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
The guy who I contacted from sach's said to use their bearing. I usually go with an oem but I'm wondering if I should follow his directions.

Well of course they would, promote there own product.:D if the clutch is meant to be a direct factory replacement you don't need a special bearing.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I would.. it's probably the same since they make OEM parts for us, but price is similar iirc so I'd do it

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
It's not needed but there have been plenty of leaks reported so it's recommended to upgrade it while you're in there. $100 well spent imo

Is there a better one you would recommend? I haven't seen the leak threads on here...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Is there a better one you would recommend? I haven't seen the leak threads on here...

There seemed to be a few but then the issues died down so it may have been a build date issue. Here's the one you want to get:

http://vag.excelerateperformance.co...replaces-06h103171f/462103171f/i-2433730.aspx

Edit - alternatively you could add two more bolts if you don't want to replace it. VW decided to only put 6 since they said 8 weren't needed.. even though the block is threaded for 8 lol

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
There seemed to be a few but then the issues died down so it may have been a build date issue. Here's the one you want to get:

http://vag.excelerateperformance.co...replaces-06h103171f/462103171f/i-2433730.aspx

Edit - alternatively you could add two more bolts if you don't want to replace it. VW decided to only put 6 since they said 8 weren't needed.. even though the block is threaded for 8 lol

So another 100 bucks eh? Is it worth it or needed is the question.... have you seen anyone with leak issues on 16+ GTIs? If you can find 1-2, then I will certainly do it....if no issues reported, I think I will just find the bolts and order them

CLOUT

Ready to race!