GOLFMKV

APR Plus: More Power, with a Limited Powertrain Warranty

rafa1

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice in theory, but the numbers look more like Stage 0.75
Plus.....vs......stage 1
225hp............250
260lbft...........300

At these numbers, just go with jb1 & save $1400 if that $1700 price tag is correct. $1400 will go a long way toward any repairs.

Love APR and have it on my Golf, but have to call out a bad value proposition.

Or you can see as a good value as in.

170hp Golf $19,900
225hp Golf 21,600

What you were doing is comparing apples to oranges.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Or you can see as a good value as in.

170hp Golf $19,900
225hp Golf 21,600

What you were doing is comparing apples to oranges.

I see your $21600 golf and raise a gti for $22k.

It's not apples to oranges. Just no value in it for ME. There's usually a tipping point of price where you would just take your chances.
Kind of like when my dealer offered me a 4 year/ 100k warranty for $3700. That is not a value. If it was priced appropriately, say $1700, it would be a good value. Another case of tipping the scales towards "I'll take my chances"

Now for some, who value security more, their tipping point might be different and this would represent a good value. I can't decide that for anyone. Just can state my opinion.

Now excuse me while I go get my turbo blessed before it explodes. :D

triharderken

Ready to race!
I see your $21600 golf and raise a gti for $22k.

It's not apples to oranges. Just no value in it for ME. There's usually a tipping point of price where you would just take your chances.

Kind of like when my dealer offered me a 4 year/ 100k warranty for $3700. That is not a value. If it was priced appropriately, say $1700, it would be a good value. Another case of tipping the scales towards "I'll take my chances"

Now for some, who value security more, their tipping point might be different and this would represent a good value. I can't decide that for anyone. Just can state my opinion.

Now excuse me while I go get my turbo blessed before it explodes. :D

Bro! Bro. Bro. I paid $1100 for my extended warranty through the dealer (Allstate runs the warranty). 5yr/100k w/ $100 deductible. That dealer was trying to rape you. [emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361]

'17 DSG AUTOBAHN CSG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Bro! Bro. Bro. I paid $1100 for my extended warranty through the dealer (Allstate runs the warranty). 5yr/100k w/ $100 deductible. That dealer was trying to rape you. [emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361]

'17 DSG AUTOBAHN CSG

Yes. Live close to a military base and dealerships are known to pull this crap. Original price was over $7k and included everything from that extended warranty to tire and wheel, gap insurance, and some other stiff I didn't care to listen to. Of course these total prices didn't come out til I pressed. Originally was just quoting monthly cost. Sad thing is they close a lot of those deals.
Like trump said about Boeing "I want you to make money, but not that much money"

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin can you explain exactly how the warranty company is affiliated with this program? If I'm reading the details on your site correctly I could just buy a powertrain warranty from my credit union for $600, choose any tune and have the same coverage with more power for less money.

The key difference with our warranty is that it explicitly covers our APR Plus tuning. It has $0 deductable as well. It covers a wide range of items, includes roadside assistance, a rental car, and is available at any VW dealer, or really any place with a certified ASE tech.

When you look at purchasing a 3rd party warranty in the USA, they will explicitly state they do not cover modifications, just like your factory warranty. Prices will vary widely, depending on vehicle, coverage, deductible, and more.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Two new dealer:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nice runs see more dealers added.

Just curious what the end game is.
Do you think you'll ever reach a point where you partner with VW directly and your products would be supported, warrantied directly?
I believe Dinan had this with BMW and Lingenfelter with Chevy, so not out of the realm of possibility.
Maybe one day APR will be VW's AMG/M.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Just curious what the end game is.

Legitimize the VAG tuning community to the OEM and bolster VW/Audi sales through more warranty backed competition against other makes and models. Get more customers. Grow the company. Hire more people. Make more cool stuff!

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Legitimize the VAG tuning community to the OEM and bolster VW/Audi sales through more warranty backed competition against other makes and models. Get more customers. Grow the company. Hire more people. Make more cool stuff!

How many APR Plus units have been sold so far?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Lingenfelter still isn't supported. It's a PITA. Especially with Corvettes. The closest I can think of is Roush, Saleen, or Shelby(Not the 350R, but the Shelby parts vehicles.)

Chevy/Ford. Tom-a-to tom-ah-to

Was close. :D