GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Sound upgrade dongle official rental thread!

slotpb

Scroll past the price......

supplied for rent:
- programming dongle
- SD card with the respective programs for the individual vehicles
- short user guide

price for rent for 1 week:
- 20 euros

rental:
- 1 week, each additional day + 3Euro

deposit / deposit:
- 80Euro

repayment of the deposit is carried out only:
- immediately after receipt of the goods with us
- in the same way as the payment is to be gone before us
- if the product is fully functional and not defective!
Therefore, be careful with our rental equipment - please avoid scratches. Other tenants also want to receive equally perfect rental equipment.

Asking Price:
- 20 Euro rent + 80Euro deposit = 100 Euro

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

italynstylion

Ready to race!
um try reading this whole thread
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10386
lmao.. oh oh I get it your trolling

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, 10 pages of garbage or 21 pages of similar stuff from the thread you posted. Not worth the time.

But from what I gather, it's a tuning element to improve a crappy aftermarket subwoofer? Does it tune the rest of the system too? Time alignment, EQ, level adjustments?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Hmmm, 10 pages of garbage or 21 pages of similar stuff from the thread you posted. Not worth the time.

But from what I gather, it's a tuning element to improve a crappy aftermarket subwoofer? Does it tune the rest of the system too? Time alignment, EQ, level adjustments?
Nope, try gathering again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

britet

My sub was installed today. Definite bump in overall bass but beyond that underwhelming and looking forward to getting the dongle to properly program it. Will post re thoughts after programming once it makes its way here and can get it done!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I've ordered the radio removal bits and the terminal tool, should install this weekend!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
My sub was installed today. Definite bump in overall bass but beyond that underwhelming and looking forward to getting the dongle to properly program it. Will post re thoughts after programming once it makes its way here and can get it done!
Underwhelming like it sounds worse, or like it's still similar to stock? I'm expecting the later myself until it's coded. Like stock but with more bass.

britet

Underwhelming like it sounds worse, or like it's still similar to stock? I'm expecting the later myself until it's coded. Like stock but with more bass.

It's noticeably different; overall probably no better no worse....the overall sound has more oomph, but it doesn't sound balanced---e.,g. it doesn't really expand the richness of the sound quality, just adds some depth, but doesn't seem it is mixed ideally. There is also a fuzzy quality in certain mid ranges that wasn't there before, a slight distortion that is readily patent although not terribly distracting. If this was the final product I'd be upset at having paid for it, but from what everyone says the proof is in the dongle so will hold my breath for that.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It's noticeably different; overall probably no better no worse....the overall sound has more oomph, but it doesn't sound balanced---e.,g. it doesn't really expand the richness of the sound quality, just adds some depth, but doesn't seem it is mixed ideally. There is also a fuzzy quality in certain mid ranges that wasn't there before, a slight distortion that is readily patent although not terribly distracting. If this was the final product I'd be upset at having paid for it, but from what everyone says the proof is in the dongle so will hold my breath for that.
Thank you for a very well written response!

The balance and EQ should change with the coding, so that sounds about right. For the effort and $260 I paid, I think it's definitely worth a try, I'm ready to be surprised too.

Make sure your EQ settings are zeroed as well!

My1stGTI2

Perfectly written description! It's like you were sitting in my car when you wrote it.

Definitely longing for some dongle love right about now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk