GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the front brake air guides from the Audi TT-RS (2010->)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Disclaimer:- This info is for community usage. I am NOT affiliated to, or sponsored by, any company/individual to promote them or their products. Companies/individuals may NOT use my name, photos, or threads/technical guides, for financial or personal gain (fraudulent misrepresentation).

Part 1 of 1

EDIT:- April 2018

DO NOT fit these old (2010-2014yr), PQ35 (A5) platform, Audi TT-RS & Audi RS3 items!
The newer (2017yr->) MQB platform, Audi RS3 items are lighter (less unsprung weight), create less aero drag (whilst still directing enough air to the brakes), are cheaper, easier to fit, & require less cutting/trimming to get them to fit with the smaller brake discs.

Please see my new "How to" guide here:-
How to retro-fit the front brake air guides from the Audi RS3 (2017->) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Parts Required
VAG ETKA illustration for Audi TT-RS/Body/No. 863-020

Parts list & approx. costs in UK £
Item No.51:- 8P0 863 149 B,
Air Duct left £20.17 (x1)
Item No.51:- 8P0 863 150 B, Air Duct right £20.17 (x1)

ETKA Audi TTRS brake flaps.jpg

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Nice work! Are you worried about any water/snow/etc being directed towards the brakes?

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
You say it keeps the discs cooler, have you got the before and after temp in a controlled test? Would like to see the results.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
It looks like all the dealer parts can be had from Deutsche autoparts for around $140. Any reason why it wouldn't work on a Mk7 GTI?

Fillzplace

I thought I would contribute to this thread - my first post and first mod on my MK7 GTI. Contrary to what was stated above, there was no drilling required in the LCA's to install these on the MK7. I followed the instructions above, and everything went in like a charm. For a number of reasons I wasn't able to get metric hardware, so a 5/16 imperial size will also work. Instead of ordering spacers, I cut some fuel line tubing to 15mm and 10mm which seemed to work as intended.

I also took some pictures of the pre and post modified deflectors, as well as a shot of the lower control arm with the holes already there from the factory.

Hope this helps those who were on the fence about doing this mod.

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,580
  • IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 3,743
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 3,807
  • IMG_3349 (1).jpg
    IMG_3349 (1).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,571
  • IMG_3377 (1).jpg
    IMG_3377 (1).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 3,535
  • IMG_3382 (1).jpg
    IMG_3382 (1).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,829

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
It looks like all the dealer parts can be had from Deutsche autoparts for around $140. Any reason why it wouldn't work on a Mk7 GTI?

$65.06 shipped on E-ACCA

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
$65.06 shipped on E-ACCA

Thank you so much for posting this!:)
I balked at the dealership's pricing of $55/ea on the air "ducts", but $22/ea+shipping I can handle!

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Another great Retro-fit, just ordered the new 8V0407811 and 8V0407812 ducts.

If I can find the time, I'll see if I can run some tests on the use of one duct while doing a simulated bed-in procedure on my StopTech ST40 Trophy Sport BBK.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Just fitted mine....

NOT 100% happy........NOT a 100% fit as these were made for the Audi arms which are slightly narrower across then the VW ones...previous people have been forcing these on which will lead to the plastic snapping over time..

You need to cut two of the rear arms off & I am getting wider cable ties...

Will post pics up when done...

However these ducts even with modifying are way better than the solid brick wall of the other ducts (Audi TT-RS) & about half the weight!
Thank you for the feedback!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk