GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Successfully removed gauge cluster scratches

gx33

Ready to race!
(sorry if this is double posted, please delete the other post)

I was able to try out a product (Quixx Acrylic Scratch Remover) on my lunch break today that another forum member suggested (sorry no shout out, can't find the OP).

The problem: I had two scratches. The first was a 4inch scratch on the gauge cluster that looked like a hair (thin, very visible). The second was a 1/8in scuff on the passenger side faux carbon door trim.

I am kicking myself for not taking "before" pics, but I was able to find a picture of the gauge cluster that you can *barely* see the scratch in:

So I followed the instructions on the back of the product for removing "light scratches". Both scratches were completely removed. No hazing or fading was left behind on either surface (I was worried about the door trim).

Hope this helps somebody!:D

Attachments

• 20140816_143019_1.jpg
    20140816_143019_1.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 10,310
  • 20140915_135057.jpg
    20140915_135057.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 8,561
  • 20140915_135107.jpg
    20140915_135107.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 8,719

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Looks good, I have a couple of light scratches and some hazing on my gauge cluster that I want to get rid of. Will try that stuff out. I did try Vega Plexus Spray Cleaner, it cleaned the plastic somewhat bud did not take care of the scratches. Works on the diamond trim, though.

perforin

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great! I've used Meguiar's PlastX and the Novus Plastic Polishing System to no success :( can you detail the steps you've used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
So this worked on the faux carbon too? I have some scratches on that which are minor but I'm ocd

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
I came here to post about PlastX. Got a little overzealous cleaning my gauge covers and left them scratched noticeably. Remembered I had some PlastX and gave it a few passes with a microfiber cloth and it's as good as new.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Definately goin to try this, scratches are noticable on my cluster, it annoys me but didn't think there was anything i could do about it. Quick search for quixx on eBay uk brings it all up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Got it and works great.
Before

After

I did it another time after the after photo just to get it perfect.
Cost me i think £8.75 off eBay in UK. Money well spent

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk