GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jhuang510's Kindaflush Black Pearl MK7 Build

jhuang510

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys, Probably should have started a Build thread the day I got the car.
15' Black GTI has been replaced by a Pure White 17' Sport

Current Mods:
Well Side Deflectors (rear only)
Tint: 35% Front, 18% Rear
BC Racing Type BR Coilovers
DeAutoLED License Plate Lights
DeAutoLED Euro Reverse LED Bulbs
DeAutoLED Stage 1 Trunk LED
DeAutoLED Glovebox LED
CTS Turbo Intake
AWE Track Edition Catback Exhaust (https://youtu.be/oZQtXwR5XXc)
CTS Turbo Catted Downpipe w/ CTS Turbo O2 Sensor Spacer
Gunmetal VMR V810 18x8.5 ET45
GFB DV+
034 Motorsports Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar
OEM GTI LED Tail Lights Cherry Red
Unitronic Carbon Fiber Air Inlet
Gold Carbon Fiber Hydrodipped Pieces
Rolled Front Fenders
1 Year Ceramic Pro Sport Coating
Pioneer 10" Subwoofer w/ Custom Enclosure inside Spare Tire & 1400w Pioneer Amp Underneath Driver's Seat
VWR Billet Oil Dipstick
Leyo Motorspot Billet Oil Filter Housing (Black)
Leyo Motorsport Billet Aluminum Climate Control Knobs
Badgeskins
034 Motorsport Stage 2 Tune
Gloss Black Roofwrap

BAYGTI August 2018

Planned Future Mods:
Front Lip (Rieger or Maxton Design)

RIP

Last edited:

ZKK007

Ready to race!
That drop looks great and the wind deflectors look good!

FWIW, the EZ lip will just come off. The edges start to peel the first few times you get water on it and my second one tore when it scraped on a driveway.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

jhuang510

Passed Driver's Ed
That drop looks great and the wind deflectors look good!

FWIW, the EZ lip will just come off. The edges start to peel the first few times you get water on it and my second one tore when it scraped on a driveway.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That's what alot of people have been telling me as well :(
I was just looking for something to protect my front bumper from scraping even more than it already has temporarily until I got an actual lip!

jhuang510

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the AWE Track Edition Catback Exhaust last weekend. Very easy and straightforward process; I was fortunate enough to have a friend who has access to a lift.
AWE Initially sent me the touring edition catback with the resonator section; the track edition straightpipe section was sent in a separate shipment so now I have the extra resonator laying around to convert it to a touring!
My first thoughts after starting it up was that it was quieter than I expected...even being the track edition CBE with the resonator delete, the tone of the car is still very civil but deeper and much more aggressive. I love it though; it's still close to stock in the cabin and doesn't wake the neighbors up! You can definitely hear it when you're WOT as well as the DSG farts when I'm close to redlining!
My only complaint would be the relocation of the muffler next to the gas tank; it is the heaviest part of the section and is held up by clamping this section together to the axleback and straightpipe/resonator section. I suspect that it will need to be periodically re-tightened to prevent any sagging.
Now onto a Catted DP and BOV!