GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released for 7R and S3 application

nicoritschel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW GTI
Local to me there are no 6mt so I haven't had a chance to test it so its impossible to tell. Personally I think the low torque model works better because it creates less heat at the top of the rpm range.

From what I understand, you need to run the the top end a bit richer to prevent this heat build up & therefore knock.

DarkProphet

Passed Driver's Ed
Turned the boost up to 5psi today. Car is stock with 93 octane. At first there was a hesitation around 5500 rpm, but I think it was the ecu adapting as it seems to be gone. It now pulls hard as hell to redline. I sometimes feel a hesitation around 3k rpm, but i think its just the turbo spooling up. WOT in sport mode is a lot of fun. Thanks George!!

witteke

Turned the boost up to 5psi today. Car is stock with 93 octane. At first there was a hesitation around 5500 rpm, but I think it was the ecu adapting as it seems to be gone. It now pulls hard as hell to redline. I sometimes feel a hesitation around 3k rpm, but i think its just the turbo spooling up. WOT in sport mode is a lot of fun. Thanks George!!

+1 I have had mine installed about a week now with 5psi on my R. Same hesitation. Not concerning. Not sure if it is normal. Frankly I haven't been able to find too many places for WOT. It's too fast for urban on ramps! So far I'm pleased with my choice to with JB1.

jokja02

Just received my one today - I'm in New Zealand ,so waiting was killing me. After "running in" I can stop smiling. The car feels great, the power keeps coming, have to say took me by surprise.

Thanks George for developing such a great product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
From what I understand, you need to run the the top end a bit richer to prevent this heat build up & therefore knock.

The timing system on the car is overly sensitive and we have seen flash cars running pig rich showing the same knock characteristics. With the integrated exhaust manifold in the head heat in all aspects is the enemy.

nicoritschel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW GTI
The timing system on the car is overly sensitive and we have seen flash cars running pig rich showing the same knock characteristics. With the integrated exhaust manifold in the head heat in all aspects is the enemy.

Thank you George for this info. I am no tuner, so honestly just regurgitating what I read elsewhere. That does clarify the heat issues that others (Arin@APR and David Lee w/ the current fastest 7R) have noted. I now see why there have been mentions made of this car in particular facing some potential serious issues when it comes to adding a big turbo and significantly increasing power.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Are sales meeting or exceeding expectations?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

We have decided to do a soft launch so where not expecting much. Burger has over 1000 dealers and they have not been made aware of the product neither. I personally am happy with the way sales are going because the service that is offered to the clients is efficient and good and you do not want to out grow that. We have a strong online community with people helping each other so we will grow as that grows and I think the evolution of the products will follow that curve as well.
A lot of people opt for a piggy back because they are more conservative. The more conservative type then bites the bug and gets more involved and starts learning about the mechanical side of their car and what works for them. The JB is a great tool for this participation to occur. Hopefully in the future our users will be reading their own logs and creating the map that suites them.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Nice result from a 7R with 91 and a DP on +5. Power is at the wheels.

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice result from a 7R with 91 and a DP on +5. Power is at the wheels.

Thanks for posting George,

Very happy with the results, downpipe added a nice "growl" and a bit more kick.

Power delivery is still smooth as stock even at 5psi.

Next mod will be intake and hoping to get to 250wkw

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice results! I believe that converts to 323 whp/347 ft-lb wtq. Or, approx. 375 crank hp.

Curious to see what changing out your stock intake does to the powerband at this point. This shows the capability of the stock VW MK7 intake system for it to support gains up to this level. I believe the same airbox is shared with the GTI and 1.8t TSI. Do you have a drop-in filter (K&N etc) right now, or is your intake 100% stock?

How about catback, is that stock too? Modded Euros posted a 10 whp gain with a just catback using the NS PM (+5 psi). So perhaps there may be some gains reaped there if still stock. Thanks again for sharing.

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice results! I believe that converts to 323 whp/347 ft-lb wtq. Or, approx. 375 crank hp.

Curious to see what changing out your stock intake does to the powerband at this point. This shows the capability of the stock VW MK7 intake system for it to support gains up to this level. I believe the same airbox is shared with the GTI and 1.8t TSI. Do you have a drop-in filter (K&N etc) right now, or is your intake 100% stock?

How about catback, is that stock too? Modded Euros posted a 10 whp gain with a just catback using the NS PM (+5 psi). So perhaps there may be some gains reaped there if still stock. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks bro,

Intake is 100% stock, no drop-in filter or modifications to the grill to get in more airflow (although I did consider the latter)

You right about the capabilities of the stock intake, if you're on a tight budget and caught between a downpipe or intake, the downpipe offers way more.

Cat-back is also stock. And no intention of changing it either, I'm pretty happy with the stock sound, look of the oval quad pipes and the whole flaps that open in sport mode.
Also, for the cost of one of these fancy cat-backs, the 'hp gain' isn't really worth it, looks and sound is a different story.
In my currency, a downpipe will cost 3,000 ZAR and you get about 15 hp gains, so that's 200 ZAR per hp.
A VWR Cat-back cost about 20,000 ZAR and would give you roughly the same gain, so that's 1,300 ZAR per hp.

Also, just for further info. I have a decatted dp which I think adds a little extra hp compared to one with a sports cat.

Going from what a few friends with similar mods have dyno'd, I'm hoping for maybe 6wkw / 9whp gain with the intake. I'll also bump the boost up to 5.2psi which should see me hit 250wkw, hopefully

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Thanks bro,

Intake is 100% stock, no drop-in filter or modifications to the grill to get in more airflow (although I did consider the latter)

You right about the capabilities of the stock intake, if you're on a tight budget and caught between a downpipe or intake, the downpipe offers way more.

Cat-back is also stock. And no intention of changing it either, I'm pretty happy with the stock sound, look of the oval quad pipes and the whole flaps that open in sport mode.
Also, for the cost of one of these fancy cat-backs, the 'hp gain' isn't really worth it, looks and sound is a different story.
In my currency, a downpipe will cost 3,000 ZAR and you get about 15 hp gains, so that's 200 ZAR per hp.
A VWR Cat-back cost about 20,000 ZAR and would give you roughly the same gain, so that's 1,300 ZAR per hp.

Also, just for further info. I have a decatted dp which I think adds a little extra hp compared to one with a sports cat.

Going from what a few friends with similar mods have dyno'd, I'm hoping for maybe 6wkw / 9whp gain with the intake. I'll also bump the boost up to 5.2psi which should see me hit 250wkw, hopefully

Cool, thanks for the rest of the info. The R sounds sounds great stock, I wouldn't change the stock exhaust either. Now my 1.8 TSI on the other hand, not so much! it was so quiet, I just had to change it, LOL.

Please stop back after you have the intake so we can see what she does to the powerband and peak gains.

Cheers