Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

okcookie

Ready to race!
My Tornado Red MKVII GTI:

So far all I've done is:
Paint correction (dealer swirls)
Clear bra (full front, luggage area)
CQuartz Finest
Tint 35% front/20% rear (still need to do the little triangular windows)

Coming soon:
Gloss black emblems
VMR 810 gloss black powder coated
VWR Springs

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
You can actually see the beauty of the wheel. It's between gunmetal and black. Look up evoknvl on insta. His wheels are Galaxy black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okcookie

Ready to race!
You can actually see the beauty of the wheel. It's between gunmetal and black. Look up evoknvl on insta. His wheels are Galaxy black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The galaxy black seems to have some hints of blue to it, which makes sense given the name... I did look up his instagram. Beautiful car.

I'm torn now... I love them both. I'm going for a purely glossy black look though, and the gloss black seems more deeply black.

From VMRs flickr:

Galaxy black:

V710 | Galaxy Black by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

V710 | Galaxy Black by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

Gloss black:
VMR Wheels | V710 Gloss Black by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

VMR Wheels | V710 Gloss Black by VMR Wheels, on Flickr

Thoughts?

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Time for some TSI love ;)

Lowered on VWR springs. Volk RE30 Clubsports coming in April.

Attachments

• IMG_2497.JPG
    IMG_2497.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 6,212

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here is mine I'm proud to be in this little club

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 5,229

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Very nice red, IMO the VWR springs give the Golf the perfect stance.
How is the ride compared to the OEM springs?

TY! I think the look is perfect too.

I almost can't tell the difference in ride, it's that close. I had the car for about 1 month and put about 1500 miles on it, so I was still getting used to the entire car at the point that I switched.

They are the perfect mod IMHO. I was VERY nervous about changing just springs due to ride and handling characteristics. I am blown away. There have been almost no downsides (other than front clearance is a bit less than it was - obviously).

You have to understand, I have over $5,000 into my suspension on my BMW 330 and race a BMW 335. Both have full M3 suspension pieces and coil-overs and adjustable sway bars.

everlast75

Hi all,
Tornado Red GTD ordered Feb 15th in Dublin, Ireland and won't receive it until June!!
Went for the upgraded alloys (19" santiagos), leather interior, sport and sound pack, technology pack, keyless entry and alarm. Can't wait to collect and post pics.

Previously I drove amongst others, a Mazda RX8, Civic Type R (FN2 200 bhp) and this is next. Was tempted by the GTI (and in more crazy moments) the R, but petrol and tax is ridiculously high in Ireland so I went with the GTD.

I was also tempted (because of the long wait) to go for the Seat FR 184 bhp as it was ready to collect, and because its €10,000 cheaper than the Golf, but decided to hold out for the VW!