GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mk7 & VCDS

DW58

Go Kart Champion
There have been several mentions of changed made to member's Golf Mk7s using VCDS.

Would it be possible to list here what is possible to achieve with VCDS?

I plan to acquiring the software/cable in the near future and would like to know what is possible?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Hey, that's my thread (my old username ) :D

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys - I just want to decide if it's worth investing about £300 of my hard-earned dosh.

Another question, has anyone discovered whether the "Beep" when locked can be activated for keyless entry - that's one of the most important for me.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Having had a good look through the GTi-forum link and to be honest it answers most of my "wants" list.

The primary thing I want to implement is the "Beep" on locking/unlocking (my new Mk7 will have keyless entry).

I'm also interested in most of the other things Sooty has done such as the gallons display, needle sweep and others - I'm not aware of anyone with VCDS within easy travelling distance of me, so I will probably make the investment myself.

If possible, could we have a summary of the VCDS tweaks people have done on this thread, together with details of the coding - thanks.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, but that's quite a long schlepp for me - I think I'm probably going to take the plunge and buy my own.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Not that I'm changing mine, but the guys over on the other forum asked me if it was possible to change the settings for the XDS+ (electronic differential). Well I had another play today, and the settings for XDS can be found in the ABS controller in the adaptation channels.

Available values are - Standard, Not activated, Weak, Medium and Strong

XED by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Now that's way beyond my level of understanding.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Rob, the XDS differential was introduced on the MK6 / Scirocco platform, and attempts to emulate a tradition mechanical Limited slip differential i.e. when one wheel looses traction (say in a tight corner), the mechanical diff will send the power to the other wheel on the same axle, and "lock" the diff to stop the spinning wheel loosing traction. The XDS achieves this by using the ABS system to actively brake the offending wheel to prevent it spinning, thus gaining traction.

On the previous generation, XDS only operated on the drive wheels (i.e. front axle), but now for the first time, on the MQB platform, Expanded XDS (XDS+) now operates on all four wheels and can brake each one individually.

The settings above govern how much the XDS intervenes. Quite a few GTI drivers like it set more aggressively than standard, as they tend to chuck their cars around at higher speeds. This enables you to set the level of intervention yourself.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Got you now - thanks.

I understood "diffs" back in my 4x4 days, but not applied to hot hatches.

dadu

Ready to race!
It's the same think only today there's no "diff", just an ABS sensor which applies the brake.

There's a diff but just an open one...

DRS1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Sootchucker. Thanks for the XDS fix. Can I ask. What's the security code to access this?

DRS1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Sootchucker

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on below.
Can I ask. What is the security code to make changes to this on the Gti?

Thanks again for your help.

Not that I'm changing mine, but the guys over on the other forum asked me if it was possible to change the settings for the XDS+ (electronic differential). Well I had another play today, and the settings for XDS can be found in the ABS controller in the adaptation channels.

Available values are - Standard, Not activated, Weak, Medium and Strong

XED by Sootchucker, on Flickr