GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC error in instrument cluster

burso

Ready to race!
I've just noticed the EPC yellow light icon goes off (together with the engine icon,which I know is not a problem) when I turn the key into position 1. When I fully turn the key into position 2 and start the engine both icons disappear. Can you please confirm this is not a fault? I just seen Sootchucker's pictures and it seems like in his only the engine icon glows yellow, not the EPC, or is this different in GTD?! I have read the manual but couldn't figure out a clear answer. Thanks

burso

Ready to race!
My instrument cluster with key in position 1, is this normal?

Attachments

• EPC.jpg
    EPC.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 7,810

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Hi Burso, mine does exactly as yours, both lights on in position 1 and both go out when engine started in position 2.
Hope this helps.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
It would make life so much easier for we Volkswagen owners if Volkswagen produced half-decent manuals. I have long thought Volkswagen/Audi user manuals to be very poorly produced and laid out, and find that locating the correct section can often be difficult owing to poor contents and indexing. The content is also fairly poorly written and laid out.

I'd be happier if Volkswagen/Audi would produce a proper modern manual in PDF form which is fully searchable, backed up by a printed copy.

It's ridiculous that a company of Volkswagen's standing and technical expertise should produce such poor documentation.

burso

Ready to race!
Thanks for clarifying Andrew. As Rob stated the manual is rubbish, it reads "some icons go off" and then should disappear but doesn't state which ones.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
I agree, the manual is quite difficult to navigate, it does list all items and there uses but keeps referring you to different pages, my manual is littered with post- it notes so that I can find all relevant sections to the topic that I'm dealing with at the time.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Also, I don't think I have ever read a manual with so many warning notes on every page, VW are really covering their backs.