GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne tuning solution for mk7 GTI

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I will never go to a dealer for service :)

I will be heading to a certified VW shop for all my work such that I can maintain my warranty.

Should you need to visit the dealer for warranty work, would you still stock out your DP?

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
That's a huge pain in the ass. If they don't put your car in the air, they would never know to begin with.

You should put the car 100% back to stock if you're going in for warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was stage 2 on my mk6 but really what is the point with the stage 1 power band on the mk7? Seems like a waste for a fun daily driver.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
How do you mean?
I meant that stage 1 on mk7 is so good already since it pulls hard to red line.

Stage 1 mk6 fell flat after 5k rpm so stage 2 made more sense. The whole point of stage 2 was to improve the power band.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I meant that stage 1 on mk7 is so good already since it pulls hard to red line.

Stage 1 mk6 fell flat after 5k rpm so stage 2 made more sense. The whole point of stage 2 was to improve the power band.

If you meant Stage 2 on the Mk7, well more power is "more better" as Jezza would say :)

Maybe refine a few things along the way too.

Begs the question, is a K04 upgrade even worth it for our cars seeing how responsive it is to tuning.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
A bit more power yes but worth another $500-800, meh, that's personal choice I suppose.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
A bit more power yes but worth another $500-800, meh, that's personal choice I suppose.

Let's say a downpipe is good for about 20whp by itself (on the low end) and they start around $500, that's only $25 per WHP which is a great hp:dollar ratio. In relation to a tune on the MK7 it may not seem like much, but most people in other cars would kill to have a mod that has give you that much power for such little coin. Plus you get a slightly better sounding car and DSG farts, it's a win-win :D

Irishace

Ready to race!
Let's say a downpipe is good for about 20whp by itself (on the low end) and they start around $500, that's only $25 per WHP which is a great hp:dollar ratio. In relation to a tune on the MK7 it may not seem like much, but most people in other cars would kill to have a mod that has give you that much power for such little coin. Plus you get a slightly better sounding car and DSG farts, it's a win-win :D

+1

DP + stage 2 tune should net out 30-35 whp easy.

I will say it again, a stage 2 mk7 should pull on a k04 mk6. That is huge value as it will cost you less than $2k to get to stage 2 on this platform.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
True. Maybe I'm just getting old and wonder how often you will actually be able to exploit stage 2 powah